This vegan sriracha mayo has the best flavour and is so easy to make with just 3 ingredients including vegan mayonnaise, hot sauce and lemon juice. Ready in just a couple minutes this is about to become your new favourite plant based sauce or dip.
Why you will love this recipe:
- The flavour! This vegan sriracha mayonnaise recipe has the perfect blend of spice and flavour and can be tailored to your spice preference.
- It's so quick and easy to make and only takes a couple minutes from start to finish.
- It uses simple ingredients like vegan mayonnaise, hot sauce, and lemon juice, which you probably already have in your pantry or fridge.
- This homemade sauce has so many uses. It can be a dip, sauce, dressing or even a marinade.
- It's a healthy recipe that's vegan and also dairy free, vegetarian, low carb, keto and sugar free.
- It stores well in the fridge so it's a great option to help with meal prep.
- This healthy mayonnaise is also dairy free, gluten free, paleo, low carb, keto and Whole30 compliant depending on the mayonnaise you use to make it.
If you like sauces with a little heat you will also love my vegan buffalo sauce.
Taste and texture:
This mayonnaise sauce is smooth, thick and creamy. It is a little sweet, a little savoury, a little tangy and a little spicy. It has the perfect flavour!
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Vegan mayonnaise - the base of this plant based sauce is vegan mayo. You can use any brand of vegan mayonnaise that you like to make this recipe or use your own homemade vegan mayonnaise. To be vegan the mayonnaise needs to be made with no eggs.
- Hot sauce - you can use any type of vegan hot sauce that you like for this recipe. My personal favorite is Frank's Hot Sauce.
- Lemon juice - I love using fresh lemon juice but you could easily swap this for apple cider vinegar instead.
How to make this recipe:
First, put all the ingredients into a bowl or large measuring cup.
Then stir everything well until the ingredients are combined and the sauce is smooth.
Chef's tips and recipe variations:
- You can easily double or triple this recipe.
- You can use any brand of vegan mayo and vegan hot sauce that you like for this recipe.
- If you aren't vegan, use any type of mayonnaise that you like to make this recipe.
- For a different flavour add a squeeze of lime juice or lemon juice.
- For even more bold flavour you could add a little garlic powder or onion powder to this recipe.
- If you like a sweeter sriracha sauce add 1-2 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- If you like a hotter sriracha mayo sauce, add 1-2 extra tablespoons of hot sauce.
How to serve:
Sriracha mayonnaise can be used in so many ways. Here are a few ideas:
- Use it to top tacos, burritos or quesadillas.
- As a sauce on sandwiches, burgers or wraps.
- Use it as a creamy salad dressing or coleslaw dressing.
- As a dip for for raw vegetables, French fries, sweet potato fries, turnip fries, or onion rings.
- As a spicy mayo sauce for topping sushi.
- To top cooked veggies, meat or tofu.
- As a dip for shrimp or vegan shrimp.
- For a poke bowl sauce.
How to store:
Store this vegan sriracha aioli in the fridge in an air tight container or jar for up to 7 days.
Frequently asked questions:
Most types of sriracha mayo are not vegan because they contain eggs. However, this sriracha mayo recipe is both vegan and egg free and is made with vegan mayonnaise.
Flying Goose Sriracha Mayo is both vegan and gluten free. The ingredients include water, chilli, soybean oil, sugar, distilled vinegar, modified corn starch, salt, garlic, mustard seeds, acidity regulators, stabilizers, flavour enhancers, preservatives, and antioxidants.
Lee Kum Kee sriracha mayo is not vegan because it contains eggs. It is both gluten free and dairy free though.
The calories in sriracha mayo will vary from brand to brand and recipe to recipe. This vegan sriracha mayo recipe has 91 calories per serving.
The ingredients in Hellman's vegan mayonnaise are canola oil, water, sugar, vinegar, salt, modified corn starch, modified potato starch, concentrated lemon juice, natural flavour, spice* and calcium disodium edta.
Other vegan recipes you'll love:
- Vegan Shrimp
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Vegan Mascarpone
- Caesar Dressing
- Walnut Dressing
- Mango Habanero Salsa
- Vegan Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Vegan Sriracha Mayo
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce (I use Frank's hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl.
- Stir the ingredients well until they are smooth and combined.
- Store this sriracha mayo in the fridge in an air tight container or jar for up to 7 days
- You can easily double or triple this recipe
- If you like a hotter sriracha mayo, add 1-2 extra tablespoons of hot sauce
- You can use any brand of vegan mayo and vegan hot sauce that you like for this recipe
- 1 serving of this mayo is 1 tbsp
- Nutritional info will vary depending on the type of mayo and hot sauce you use