This is the best vegan Caesar dressing! Rich and creamy it tastes just like a classic Caesar salad dressing but is made with ingredients like cashews, capers, and nutritional yeast to give it the perfect flavour and keep it dairy free and oil free. Great for salads or as a dip for veggies you will also love how easy this dressing is to make.
Vegan Caesar Dressing
Why this is the best vegan Caesar dressing:
- It has the most amazing flavour! Rich and creamy it tastes just like a classic Caesar dressing but is made without any dairy or anchovies
- It’s oil free and made without mayonnaise and instead uses cashews and capers to give it that perfect flavour
- It’s easy to make and is ready in under 5 minutes
- It makes great leftovers and stores really well in the fridge
- Besides being vegan this dressing is also dairy free, paleo and Whole30 compliant
Key ingredients for this vegan Caesar salad dressing:
- Raw Cashews – these are the base of this dressing and help give it that rich, creamy texture while keeping it dairy free
- Capers – for that perfect Unami flavour! In fact, these are a great replacement for the anchovies that are normally used for Caesar salad dressings
- Nutritional yeast – to give it a little cheesy flavour, without the dairy
The equipment you’ll need to make this cashew Caesar dressing:
Watch My Latest Video:
Tips for making this vegan Caesar salad dressing:
- If you don’t like garlic feel free to omit it
- If you like a thinner dressing add a bit more water
- This dressing stores well in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to a week
- The dressing will thicken in the fridge – simply add a bit of water and stir it in to the dressing to thin it out before using
- Instead of coconut milk you could use also a different dairy free milk such as almond milk, cashew milk or oat milk
Frequently asked questions:
You can still make this dressing, but you will have to soak the cashews for 1-2 hours to soften them before blending. You could also use a food processor instead of a blender.
I would use pine nuts instead.
Other vegan recipes you will love:
- Vegan mascarpone
- Vegan peanut butter cookies
- Vegan sun-dried tomato pasta
- Vegan cream of mushroom soup
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Vegan Caesar Dressing
This is the best vegan Caesar dressing! Made with cashews and capers it is rich and creamy and so easy to make. It's the perfect plant based dressing or dip.
Place all the ingredients into your Vitamix or other high speed blender and blend well until smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
- Store this dressing in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days
- This dressing thickens in the fridge – simply stir in a bit of water to thin it out before using
- This recipe makes a large batch of dressing so feel free to cut the recipe in half if you want a smaller amount
Pin this recipe for later: