This is the best walnut dressing or vinaigrette! Made with walnuts, avocado oil, sherry vinegar and shallots you are going to love it’s slightly sweet taste and how easy it is to make. Perfect for topping salads, cooked vegetable or meat dishes or using as a dip. It’s also paleo, vegan and dairy-free!
I am so excited to share this walnut dressing recipe with you! It has the most incredible flavour. It uses healthy ingredients like walnuts, avocado oil, sherry vinegar and shallots to give it a unique taste that is sweet with just a little tang. This dressing is so easy to make and is paleo, vegan and dairy-free. It’s perfect for salads, topping meat or vegetable dishes or using as a dip for your favourite raw vegetables, chips or crackers. I also love pouring it over grilled cabbage or romaine lettuce.
What you need to make this Walnut Dressing:
- A Vitamix or other high speed blender – this is the Vitamix I use and love!
- Raw walnuts – I always recommend soaking and dehydrating your nuts (read why here)
- Avocado oil – Avocado oil has a very neutral flavour so it’s perfect for making dressings!
- Sherry vinegar – You can buy this online or from most specialty food stores
- Shallots – Find these next to the onions in the produce section
- Dijon mustard – This is my favourite kind!
- Honey or maple syrup – to give this dressing the perfect amount of sweetness
How to make this walnut dressing:
You are going to love how easy this dressing is to make!
All you need to do is put all the ingredients into your Vitamix or other high speed blender, and then blend all the ingredients until they are smooth.
Tips for this dressing:
- If you stop blending this dressing part way through and let it rest for a few seconds and then start blending again it will get VERY thick. Because of this I recommend blending it all in one go rather than stopping and starting (unless you prefer a thick dressing that has more of a thick, dip texture).
- This recipe makes a large batch of dressing. If you want a smaller batch, simply cut the recipe in half
- This dressing is made with raw walnuts. I always recommend soaking and dehydrating your raw nuts (read more about why here) to enhance the flavour and increase the nutritional value
- If you don’t have sherry vinegar I would substitute with coconut vinegar (this will slightly change the taste of the dressing)
- Store this dressing in the fridge for up to a week after making. It will thicken in the fridge so if you don’t like a thicker dressing I would make a smaller batch and use it all initially.
- If you don’t have a Vitamix or other high speed blender you could make this dressing in a food processor instead
How to use this dressing:
- As a topping for salads
- As a dip for raw vegetables
- As a topping for cooked vegetable or meat dishes
- As a dip for crackers or chips
- One of my favorites is to use it to top grilled cabbage or romaine lettuce
Other sauces and dips you will love:
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Walnut Dressing (paleo, vegan)
This is the best walnut dressing! It has such a unique flavour and is perfect for salads, cooked vegetable or meat dishes or as a dip. It's paleo, vegan, dairy-free and gluten free.
Add all the ingredients to your Vitamix or other high speed blender
Blend until smooth
- If you stop and start the blender when blending this dressing it will get very thick. Because of that I recommend blending it all in one go, unless you prefer a thicker type dressing with more of a dip consistency.
- This recipe makes a large batch of dressing. If you prefer a smaller batch I suggest cutting the recipe in half.
Pin this recipe for later: