Air fryer frozen French fries are the best! They turn out perfectly crispy every time and are so easy to make. Ready in just 15 minutes you would think these fries were deep fried they’re so good. You’ll never need to stop for fast food again!
How to Make Frozen French Fries in an Air Fryer
Why these air fryer frozen French Fries are the best:
- They turn out so perfectly crisp every single time! Never soggy or burnt they get cooked to perfection.
- They taste just like deep fried fast food French fries, but are so much healthier for you! You can use this cooking method for all different types of fries including frozen crinkle cut fries, Mccain fries and more!
- They are so easy to make and are ready in just 15 minutes
- The clean up is super simple because they’re made in your air fryer
What you need to make these air fryer frozen French fries:
You only need two things to make these!
- An air fryer – this is the one I use and love
- A bag of frozen French fries
Tips and variations for these frozen fries in air fryer:
- Depending on the model of your air fryer you may need to adjust the cooking times slightly.
- Depending on the size of the French fries you use, you may need to adjust the cooking times slightly – for larger fries, increase the time, for smaller fries or shoestring fries, decrease the time.
- You can adjust the cooking time depending on how crispy you like your fries. For softer fries, decrease the time. For crispier fries, increase the cooking time.
- I do not pre-heat my air fryer when cooking these frozen French fries. If you do, decrease the cooking time by a few minutes.
- Feel free to add other seasonings such as seasoning salt, dill, garlic powder, onion powder or bbq seasoning to give the fries a different flavour.
- If the fries you buy are pre-seasoned and pre-oiled, you may not need to use any spray oil or add any salt or other seasonings. I would taste them after they are cooked and see what you think!
- This method for cooking frozen French fries in an air fryer will work for many different types of fries including crinkle fries, McCain brand fries and more.
If you have a basket style air fryer:
Preheat the air fryer to 400F, then spray the basket with a little oil. Then cook the frozen French fries for ~20 minutes, tossing half way through to ensure they cook evenly.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Waffle Fries
- Frozen Meatballs in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Air fryer salmon cakes with lemon dill aioli
- Air fryer BBQ ribs
- Air fryer frozen fish sticks
Want an air fryer but aren’t sure which one to get? I use and love the Chefman 6.3 Quart Air Fryer!
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Air fryer frozen french fries are the best! Perfectly crisp everytime they are ready in just 15 minutes! You'll never need the drive-thru again!
- 1 bag frozen french fries
- spray oil
- sea salt
- ground black pepper (omit if you don't like pepper on your fries)
Place the frozen french fries on the tray of your air fryer and cook for 15-20 minutes at 400F
Transfer the cooked fries to a bowl, spray with a little oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and toss the fries evenly to coat
- Depending on the model of your air fryer you may need to adjust the cooking times slightly
- Depending on the size of the French fries you use, you may need to adjust the cooking times slightly
- Feel free to add other seasonings such as seasoning salt, dill, garlic powder, onion powder or bbq seasoning to give the fries a different flavour
- If the fries you bought are pre-seasoned and pre-oiled you may be able to skip the spray oil and seasoning step. Just taste them after they are cooked and see what you think.
Pin this post for later:
Frequently asked questions:
It’s so easy! Cook them for 15-20 minutes at 400F
I love serving them with my air fryer frozen hamburgers!
That depends on the fries you use. If you use fries that haven’t been pre-seasoned or pre-oiled I do recommend it.