Air fryer frozen French fries are the best! They turn out perfectly crispy and are so easy to make. Ready in just 15 minutes you would think these fries were deep fried they're so good. You'll never need to order fast food fries again!
Why you will love this recipe:
- Cooking frozen French fries in an air fryer makes the fries turn out perfectly crisp every single time! Never soggy or burnt they get cooked to perfection.
- Air fryer frozen fries are so easy to make and are ready in just 15 minutes.
- They taste just like deep fried fast food French fries, but are so much healthier for you!
- You can use this cooking method for all different types of fries including frozen crinkle cut fries, Mccain fries, Trader Joe's fries and more!
- The clean up is super simple because they're made in your air fryer.
- French fries are gluten free, dairy free, vegan and paleo!
If you love air fryer fries you will also love air fryer turnip fries.
Taste and texture:
When you cook French fries in the air fryer they turn out nice and crispy on the outside, yet soft, tender and fluffy on the inside. You can season them however you like to give them a unique flavour. I personally just love a little salt!
Ingredients and substitutions:
- A bag of frozen French fries - Any brand will do including frozen Orieda fries, frozen Mccain fries, frozen Trader Joe's fries and more! I prefer to use unseasoned French fries so that I can add my own seasonings afterwards but feel free to use pre-seasoned frozen fries. Note that depending on the size of your air fryer you may not be able to cook the entire bag of frozen French fries at once.
- Optional seasonings - depending on the French fries you use you may want to add your own seasonings afterwards such as salt, pepper, seasoning salt etc.
How to cook:
First, place the frozen french fries on the tray of your air fryer and then cook them for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, transfer the cooked fries to a bowl, spray them with a little oil and then sprinkle them with salt and pepper and toss the fries evenly to coat. Note, if you used pre-seasoned fries you can skip this step.
If you have a basket style air fryer:
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then spray the basket with a little oil. Then cook the frozen French fries for ~20 minutes, tossing half way through to ensure they cook evenly.
- Depending on the model of your air fryer you may need to adjust the cooking time.
- Depending on the size of the French fries you use, you may need to adjust the cooking time - for larger fries, increase the time, for smaller fries or shoestring fries, decrease the time.
- You can adjust the cooking time depending on how crispy you like your fries. For softer fries, decrease the time. For crispier fries, increase the cooking time.
- Depending on the size of the bag of French fries you buy, you may need to cook the fries in batches.
- I do not pre-heat my air fryer when cooking these frozen French fries. If you do, decrease the cooking time by a few minutes.
Variations and add ins:
- Feel free to add other seasonings to frozen chips in air fryer such as seasoning salt, dill, garlic powder, onion powder or bbq seasoning to give the fries a different flavour.
- If the fries you buy are pre-seasoned and pre-oiled, you may not need to use any spray oil or add any salt or other seasonings. I would taste them after they are cooked and see what you think.
- This method for cooking frozen French fries in an air fryer will work for many different types of fries including frozen crinkle fries, frozen waffle fries, frozen crinkle cut fries, frozen curly fries, frozen steak fries, frozen McCain brand fries, checker fries and more.
How to serve:
How to store:
If you have leftover cooked French fries, store them in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How to reheat:
If you have leftover cooked French fries, simply reheat them in your air fryer for 1-2 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit when you are ready to eat them.
Frequently asked questions:
I love serving them with air fryer hamburgers!
That depends on the fries you use. If you use fries that haven't been pre-seasoned or pre-oiled I do not recommend it.
For this recipe you do not need to preheat your air fryer. If you choose to pre-heat it, subtract a couple minutes of cooking time from the French fries.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Waffle Fries
- Frozen Meatballs in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Air fryer salmon cakes with lemon dill aioli
- Air fryer BBQ ribs
- Air fryer frozen fish sticks
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 1 bag frozen french fries
- spray oil
- sea salt
- ground black pepper (omit if you don't like pepper on your fries)
- Place the frozen french fries on the tray of your air fryer and cook for 15-20 minutes at 400F.
- Transfer the cooked fries to a bowl, spray with a little oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and toss the fries evenly to coat. Note that if you are using pre-seasoned French fries you can skip this step.
- Depending on the model of your air fryer you may need to adjust the cooking times slightly
- Depending on the size of the French fries you use, you may need to adjust the cooking times slightly
- Feel free to add other seasonings such as seasoning salt, dill, garlic powder, onion powder or bbq seasoning to give the fries a different flavour
- If the fries you bought are pre-seasoned and pre-oiled you may be able to skip the spray oil and seasoning step. Just taste them after they are cooked and see what you think.
- Nutritional information will vary depending on the brand of French fries you use.