These paleo waffles are the perfect breakfast! Crisp on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside they have the best texture. Made with almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour they are grain free, gluten free and dairy free.
Paleo Waffles Recipe
Why these are the best Paleo Waffles:
- They have the perfect texture! Crisp on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside, just like waffles should be!
- They are easy to make and come together in just a few minutes!
- They freeze really well so make a double batch and save half for later
- They are so versatile! You can top them with almost anything: maple syrup, berries, bananas, chocolate chips… whatever you feel like!
- Not only are these waffles paleo but they are also dairy free and gluten free
Ingredients for making these paleo waffles:
- A waffle maker (this is the ceramic one that I use and love)
- Almond flour (this is the brand I use)
- Tapioca flour (this is the kind I have)
- Coconut flour (I use this kind)
- Baking soda (this is the aluminum free brand I use)
- sea salt
- Full fat coconut milk (this kind uses BPA free cans)
- Coconut oil (I use this brand)
- Honey or maple syrup
Tips for making these paleo waffles:
- Use room temperature eggs. They turn out lighter and fluffier if you do
- These waffles freeze really well so feel free to make a double batch and save some for later
- DO NOT try swapping the flours in this recipe. They won’t turn out.
- I suggest using a ceramic coated waffle maker (Teflon and other non-stick coatings are known to cause a number of health problems)
Topping ideas for these waffles:
- Maple syrup – a classic that you can’t go wrong with!
- Raw berries such as blueberries or raspberries
- Nut butter
- Chia seed jam like my Blueberry Chia Seed Jam or Plum Jam
- This delicious Double Berry Sauce!
- Coconut whipped cream
Frequently asked questions:
I made these gluten free and paleo waffles with a combination of almond flour, coconut flour and tapioca flour
I made these waffles with coconut milk but you could easily use almond milk or cashew milk too.
Yes! These waffles freeze really well so make a large batch in advance and simply heat them when you are ready to eat them. They also keep well in the fridge for a few days too.
I have not tested this recipe with any flour substitutions so would not recommend trying them.
Other paleo recipes you will love:
- Banana Muffins with Chocolate
- Omelette with Chicken
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Paleo Carrot Cake Donuts
- Paleo Blueberry Pancakes
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Paleo Waffles (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
These are the best paleo waffles! Crisp on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside they are also gluten free and dairy free. They make the perfect breakfast or brunch.
Preheat your waffle maker
Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and blend well (with a spoon or fork) until smooth
Spoon the batter into your waffle maker and cook each waffle until done (this will depend on the waffle maker you use but most have an indicator light that goes off when it's cooked)
Serve and enjoy!
- These waffles freeze really well so feel free to make a double batch and save extras for later
- These waffles can be topped with many different things: maple syrup, berries, bananas, chocolate chips or chopped nuts
- Use room temperate eggs to make these waffles to give them a fluffier texture
Pin this recipe for later: