Gluten free blueberry muffins are the perfect easy, healthy breakfast. These muffins are made with almond flour so are also grain free, dairy-free and paleo. These muffins have the perfect, moist and tender texture and also make a great snack or treat!
Blueberry season is probably my favourite food season. Blueberry crisps, blueberry lemonade, blueberry sauce, blueberry pie… the list of delicious blueberry food goes on and on. And blueberry muffins are right up there with my favourite blueberry foods. But I hadn’t yet cracked the paleo blueberry muffin code until I created these gluten free blueberry muffins.
These muffins are seriously amazing! You would never guess that they are not only gluten free, but also grain free and dairy free. These gluten free muffins are so moist and have the most amazing texture! You would think they came straight from the bakery. They are also made with almond flour so they are filled with healthy fats. These muffins not only make the perfect breakfast but also a great snack or treat. If you make them be sure to leave a star review!
Why these gluten free blueberry muffins are so good:
- Even though these muffins are grain free and dairy free you would never know it! They have the best moist, just came from the bakery, texture!
- These muffins have the perfect amount of sweetness. They aren’t too sweet but they also aren’t tart.
- These blueberry muffins are made with a combination of almond flour and coconut flour and are so healthy compared to a muffin loaded with gluten and refined sugar.
- These muffins are so easy to make!
- These muffins are safe for the paleo diet!
Why these gluten free blueberry muffins are healthy:
- These muffins are made with almond flour and are gluten free so if you have celiac or are gluten intolerant you will be able to eat them!
- Instead of using white sugar these muffins are made with coconut sugar.
- These almond flour muffins are not only grain free but they are also dairy free so they are safe for anyone with dairy allergies. They are also paleo!
- These blueberry muffins have 2 cups of blueberries in them!
Things you will need to make these gluten free blueberry muffins:
- almond flour – This is my favourite brand
- coconut flour – I love this kind!
- tapioca starch – This is the one I use
- coconut sugar – I love this organic kind
- a standing mixer – I use and love this one!
- parchment paper muffin cups – I used these extra large ones
How to make these gluten free blueberry muffins:
These muffins are so easy to make!
First, turn on your oven and preheat it to 350F.
Then place all the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, sea salt and baking soda) into the bowl of your standing mixer.
Next, add all the wet ingredients (eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract) to the bowl.
Then using a low setting, blend all the ingredients until they are smooth.
Next add the blueberries to the bowl and stir them into the dough by hand.
Next, line your muffin tray with extra large parchment muffin cups. Then scoop the batter into the muffin cups until they dough is level with the tray.
Next place the tray in the oven and bake the muffins for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean.
Then remove the tray from the oven and let the muffins cool. Then serve them and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions about these gluten free blueberry muffins:
- Are these muffins safe for the SCD or GAPS diets? No they are not since they have tapioca starch and coconut sugar.
- Are these muffins paleo? Yes they are!
- Are these muffins vegan? No they aren’t since they have eggs in them. I have never tried making them with any egg substitutes so if you try please let us know how they turn out.
- Can you substitute the almond flour in these blueberry muffins for another flour? If you are allergic to almonds I suggest using cashew flour instead.
- Can you store these muffins in the freezer? Yes! They freeze really well.
Other recipes you will love:
- Raspberry Blueberry Sauce
- Paleo Ice Cream Bars with Berries
- Dairy Free Brownies with Caramel
- Paleo Carrot Cake Donuts
- Healthy Blueberry Pancakes
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins (paleo, dairy free, grain free)
Gluten free blueberry muffins are an easy and healthy breakfast or snack. Grain free and dairy free they are also perfect for the paleo diet.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 3 large eggs (use free range for maximum health benefits)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
Preheat your oven to 350F
Add all the dry ingredients to the bowl of your standing mixer
Add all the wet ingredients (except for the blueberries) to the bowl
Using a low setting on your standing mixer, blend all the ingredients until they are smooth
Add the blueberries to the batter and stir them in by hand
Line a muffin tray with extra large parchment muffin cups (or silicone muffin cups)
Scoop the batter into the muffin cups and fill the cups until they are level with the tray
Place the tray in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean
Remove the tray from the oven and let the muffins cool
Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe yields 11 muffins
- You can use either parchment muffin cups or silicone muffin cups to make these muffins (avoid putting batter directly into a non-stick pan due to the toxicity of the non-stick coating)
- These muffins freeze really well
Pin this recipe for later: