This is the best oat milk pancakes recipe. These pancakes are so light and fluffy and you will love how easy they are to make. Made with all purpose flour, oat milk, and eggs, this is a healthy breakfast that you will have on the table in no time. This pancake recipe is dairy free and can easily be made gluten free too.
Is there anything better than pancakes for breakfast? And these healthy oat milk pancakes are the best! They are so light and fluffy and this oat milk pancake recipe is kid friendly and is a great option to serve for weekend breakfasts or brunch. Using oat milk in pancakes is a great way to change up the flavour of your pancakes. I can't wait for you to try them!
Why you will love this recipe:
- Pancakes with oat milk are so easy to make.
- This pancake recipe is dairy free and can easily be made gluten free too.
- These oat milk pancakes with egg are so light and fluffy.
- These pancakes are made with pantry staple ingredients.
- This pancake recipe makes great leftovers and also freezes really well.
- You can make these pancakes thin or thick - whatever you prefer!
- The batter for these pancakes is made in one bowl so the clean up is so simple and easy.
- I've included both stovetop and griddle instructions for making these pancakes.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- All purpose flour - all purpose flour forms the base of these easy pancakes. If you are gluten free simply use a gluten free all purpose flour instead.
- Oat milk - oat milk is a great plant based dairy free milk. I recommend using plain and unsweetened oat milk for making these pancakes. You could either use store bought or homemade oat milk. Feel free to swap the oat milk for any other milk you prefer including almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk or soy milk.
- Eggs - eggs help make these pancakes so light and fluffy! Thy also add extra protein and healthy fats to this pancake recipe.
- Honey or maple syrup - you can use either honey or maple syrup to naturally sweeten these pancakes and keep them refined sugar free.
What does oat milk taste like?
Oat milk has a naturally sweet yet earthy flavour. It tends to be sweeter than almond milk because it's higher in natural sugars from the oats when compared to almond milk which is higher in fat. Depending on your taste preference you can get plain oat milk, sweetened oat milk, unsweetened oat milk or flavoured oat milk such as vanilla oat milk or chocolate oat milk.
Is oat milk healthy?
How healthy oat milk is will depend on the ingredients used to make the oat milk. The healthiest oat milks are made with just oats and water. Oat milk is high in fiber and also high in plant based protein. It's also naturally dairy free and gluten free and lower in fat compared to nut milks like almond milk.
- Instead of apple cider vinegar you can use lemon juice.
- To make these pancakes gluten free: use an all purpose gluten free flour and certified gluten free oat milk.
- To make this into oat milk pancakes for one: make 1/3 of this recipe.
- You can turn these into chocolate chip oat milk pancakes by adding some chocolate chips to the batter.
- You can make these into blueberry oat milk pancakes by adding blueberries to the batter.
How to make this recipe:
First, in a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well until you have a smooth batter.
Then place a greased non-stick pan over medium heat. Once hot, pour 1/4 cup of batter at a time onto the pan. Cover the pan immediately, and cook for ~3-4 minutes (until the pancake has bubbles on the surface), then flip the pancake and cook for another ~2 minutes, until cooked through.
- You can use any type of all purpose flour that you like for this recipe.
- I recommend using unsweetened oat milk for this recipe. If you use a sweetened oat milk, then decrease the amount of honey or maple syrup that you add to 2 tablespoons instead of 3.
- Don't use baking powder insisted of baking soda.
Some topping ideas for pancakes include:
- Maple syrup or honey
- Nut butter such as peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter or macadamia nut butter
- Chia seed jam
- Mascarpone - this vegan mascarpone is so good!
- Fresh berries such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or blackberries
- Chocolate chips or melted chocolate
How to store:
Store any leftover pancakes in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 7 days. These pancakes also freeze really well for up to 3 months.
Frequently asked questions:
Pancakes are ready to flip when the surface of the pancakes forms bubbles on it.
No problem. You can swap the oat milk for any other type of milk that you like including dairy milk, cashew milk, almond milk, coconut milk etc.
This is not a vegan pancake recipe as these pancakes contain eggs. I have not tried using any egg replacers in this recipe and cannot guarantee they would work out.
Yes. For most pancake recipes you should be able to swap oat milk instead for dairy milk in a 1:1 ratio.
Other recipes you will love:
- Healthy blueberry pancakes
- Oat flour pancakes
- Gluten free waffles
- Protein baked oats
- Protein overnight oats
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Oat Milk Pancakes
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well until you have a smooth batter.
To make on the stove top:
- Place a greased non-stick pan over medium heat. Once hot, pour 1/4 cup of batter at a time onto the pan. Cover the pan immediately, and cook for ~3-4 minutes (until the pancakes have bubbles on them), then flip the pancake and cook for another ~2 minutes, until cooked through.
To make on a griddle:
- Heat the griddle to 325F. Spoon the batter 1/4 cup at a time onto the griddle and cook the pancakes for ~3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until cooked through.
- This recipe yields 12 pancakes.
- If you like chocolate chip pancakes add some chocolate chips to the batter.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.