Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you are having an amazing weekend. Are you up to anything exciting? I won't bore you with the details of mine since all I've done is study. And cook. Can never forget to cook!
So it was a pretty exciting week at the hospital friends. On Wednesday we were under lock down for about an hour because a cougar (yes cougar) decided the front entrance would be the perfect spot to have a little rest. The RCMP, fire department and police were all there. They closed the entrances to the hospital as well as the main elevators for fear the poor animal would run inside and hop right on and go for a ride. I can only imagine the chaos that would have ensued if that actually happened. It was like something straight out of Jumanji. Minus the board game part. And the entertainment of Robin Williams… Ok so not at all like Jumanii, but still it was the most excitement I had seen at a hospital in a long time. I guess that's what you get when you build a hospital right on the edge of the city (seriously it is prairie land across the street from the main entrance).
Alright moving along to food. I know that's the whole reason you come here. Today I am sharing my Plum and Coconut Chia Seed Jam recipe with you. Now I realize there are about a million chia seed jam recipes out there already, but I think you will find the addition of coconut to be a delicious option. Now I am showing you a jam made with plums, but you can pretty much substitute the plums with any other fruit that you want. So far I have tried this recipe with blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and figs and they have all turned out great. So if you decide to get creative please let me know how it turns out.
I hope you like this one!
And as always if you want to stay in the loop on what's happening on the blog plus learn about many other recipes and health information please follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
Pin this recipe for later:
Plum and Coconut Chia Seed Jam
- 3 cups chopped and de-pitted black plums
- 1/3 cup full fat organic coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoon organic chia seeds
- Place all the ingredients, except for the chia seeds, in a pot on the stove and turn to medium heat
- Allow ingredients to come to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until fruit is softened
- Remove the pot from the heat
- Using your submersion blender blend the ingredients until you have the texture you desire (I like to have a few chunks left)
- Add the chia seeds and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes (this thickens the jam)
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply