This chicken omelette recipe is such a quick and easy breakfast or meal. Filled with spinach, cheese, tomatoes and chicken it comes together in just a few minutes and will leave you satisfied for hours. It's healthy and naturally low carb and keto!
Why you will love this recipe:
- This omelette tastes amazing and will leave you satisfied for hours.
- It's so simple and easy to make and is ready in just a few minutes.
- This omelette is made with pantry staple ingredients and is a great way to use up any leftover chicken that you may have in the fridge.
- It's filled with healthy ingredients like spinach, tomatoes and cooked chicken. It makes a well rounded meal that comes together in just a few minutes.
- Eggs are filled with protein as well as vitamins and minerals and are a healthy option to include with any meal!
- It's so easy to modify this recipe to include the ingredients that you prefer or that you have on hand.
- It's naturally low carb, keto, paleo and gluten free!
- You can eat this omelette as a snack or as an after workout meal.t
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Eggs - the key to any great omelette are the eggs! Full of healthy protein I personally recommend using free range large eggs if possible.
- Spinach - to add a beautiful green color and increase the nutritional value of this omelette recipe.
- Tomato - I love adding tomato to omelettes to get some more vitamins and minerals and add a beautiful red color.
- Cooked chicken - any type of cooked chicken will do including cooked chicken breasts or thighs. You could swap this for cooked turkey as well.
- Mozzarella cheese - what is better than melted cheese? If you are lactose intolerant simply leave this out of the recipe. You could also swap this for any type of cheese you prefer.
- Salt and pepper - simple spices complete this omelette recipe.
How to make this recipe:
First, in a bowl, whisk the eggs until they are smooth.
Next, place a large pan on the stove on low heat and add the coconut oil. Once the oil is melted, pour the eggs into the pan. Sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper and let them cook for a few minutes until the edges are starting to brown.
Now add the cut chicken, cheese, tomato and spinach to half of the omelette and allow it to cook for a few more minutes.
Lastly, use a spatula to fold the omelette in half and cook it for a few more minutes, until the omelette is golden and cooked through.
Variations and add ins:
- To make it dairy free, paleo or Whole30 compliant: omit the cheese from the recipe.
- To lower the carbohydrate count even more: omit the tomatoes.
- Feel free to add other vegetables such as mushrooms or peppers.
- Feel free to use whatever type of cheese you like to make this omelette.
- I love adding sliced black olives to this omelette!
- You could eat this omelette as is, or add different toppings including sliced avocado, guacamole or salsa.
How to serve:
This omelette is delicious served as is but you could also top it with salsa, ketchup or hot sauce. It's also pairs well with toast, roasted potatoes, hash browns, bacon or sausages.
Frequently asked questions:
For this omelette recipe I used cooked chicken, tomatoes, spinach and cheese. Some other ideas include cooked ham, mushrooms, peppers or diced olives.
This will all depend on how many people you are serving and what their portion sizes need to be, but in general, anywhere between 2-4 eggs are typically used.
You can pair omelettes with many different side dishes. Some options include hash browns or cooked potatoes, bacon, a fruit salad, other fruit or oatmeal.
Assuming this omelette makes two servings, the total carbohydrate count per serving is 2 grams (1 gram of fibre, 1 gram of sugar).
Other recipes you will love:
- Bacon and Vegetable Egg Casserole
- Salmon Patties with Lemon Dill Aioli
- Tender BBQ Ribs
- Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
- Teriyaki Chicken Sheet Pan Meal
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or use another oil such as olive oil)
- 1/3 cup cut, cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoon tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese
- handful fresh spinach
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together until they are smooth.
- Place a large pan on the stove on low heat and add the coconut oil. Once the coconut oil is melted, pour the eggs into the pan. Sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper and let the eggs cook for a few minutes until the edges are starting to brown.
- Add the chicken, cheese, tomato and spinach to half of the omelette and allow it to cook for a few more minutes.
- Using a spatula, fold the omelette in half and cook for a few more minutes, until the omelette is golden and cooked through.
- Instead of coconut oil feel free to use another oil of choice such as olive oil.
- To make this omelette dairy free, simply leave out the cheese.
- Feel free to use any cheese you like for this omelette.
- Feel free to vary the vegetables you add to this omelette.
Dinner tonight. It was light and tasty. Great dinner.
Yay I'm glad you liked it!!
This chicken omelette is so simple and delicious! I love the combination of flavors and how easy it is to make.
I'm so glad you liked it!!