These banana muffins with chocolate are the perfect breakfast or snack. Gluten free and paleo, these muffins have the perfect crumbly texture and the chocolate chunks make them even more delicious!
Why these Banana Muffins with Chocolate are so good!
- They are gluten free, grain free and dairy free!
- They are filled with delicious chunks of chocolate
- They don’t taste like bananas
- They are really easy to make and the clean up is so simple!
- They are made with no chocolate chips and use chocolate bars sweetened with coconut sugar instead
- They are healthier than most other banana chocolate muffins
Why these Banana Muffins with Chocolate are healthier than other banana muffins:
- They are made without refined sugars and are sweetened with honey and coconut sugar
- They are gluten free, grain free and dairy free
- They are paleo
- These banana muffins are made with no chocolate chips
What you need to make these banana muffins with chocolate:
- A standing mixer – this is the one that I use and love
- A muffin tray
- Silicone muffin cups or parchment paper muffin cups
- Ripe banananas
- Almond flour – this is the brand I use
- Tapioca flour – this is what I use
- Coconut flour – this is the kind I use
- Baking soda – this is the aluminum free brand that I use
- Coconut oil – this is my favourite brand
- Free range eggs
- Organic vanilla extract
- Full fat coconut milk
- Coconut sugar sweetened chocolate bars
How to make these banana muffins with chocolate:
You will love how easy these muffins are to make!
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Add all the ingredients, except the chocolate bar pieces, to your standing mixer and blend well until smooth
- Stir in the chocolate bar pieces by hand
- Transfer the dough to the muffin try and then bake for 23-26 minutes, until a toothpick inserted inside a muffin comes out clean (the baking time will vary slightly depending on the size of the bananas you use)
Tips for making these banana muffins with chocolate:
- If you use a silicone muffin tray you will need to bake them for less time so adjust the cooking time as needed
- The cooking time for these muffins will vary slightly depending the size of your bananas. For larger bananas you will need to cook them slightly longer than if you use smaller bananas.
Frequently asked questions:
- What chocolate bars are sweetened with coconut sugar? My favourite brands are Zazubean and Hu Kitchen
- If you are allergic to almonds what flour can be used instead? I would substitute with cashew flour
- Can you substitute the almond flour with coconut flour? Absolutely not!
- Are these muffins paleo? Yes! As long as you use chocolate bars sweetened with coconut sugar. Cane sugar is technically not paleo, although many of us still allow things like soy and dairy free chocolate chips sweetened with cane sugar as there is currently no alternative. As always, do what works for you. If you tolerate cane sugar feel free to use it!
- Are these muffins Whole30? No. No baked goods are allowed on the Whole30 program
Other recipes you will love:
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Drizzle
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Paleo Carrot Cake Donuts
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Banana Muffins with Chocolate (Paleo, gluten free)
These banana muffins with chocolate have the best crumbly texture and are filled with delicious chocolate chunks. Perfect for breakfast they are gluten free and paleo.
Preheat your oven to 350F
Add all the ingredients, except for the chocolate bars to your standing mixer and mix well until smooth
Stir in the chocolate bar pieces by hand
Line a muffin tray with either silicone or parchment paper muffin cups
Transfer the batter to the muffin cups
Place the tray in the oven and bake for 23-36 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean
- This recipe yields 12 muffins
- The cooking time for these muffins varies slightly depending on the size of the bananas you use
- If you use a silicone muffins tray you will need to decrease the baking time slightly
Pin this recipe for later: