Blueberry Coconut Chia Seed Jam. Sounds pretty tasty doesn’t it? Well that’s what we’re making this week.
And unlike store bought jams where the first ingredient is usually sugar, this jam doesn’t actually contain any added sweetener. That’s right, it’s sweetened only with fruit and coconut and no sugar. How is that for healthy? And I promise it still tastes delicious. Like really, really delicious. As long as you like blueberries that is. But who doesn’t like blueberries? I can honestly say I have never heard someone tell me they don’t like blueberries. They are one of my favourite foods. I could eat them by the bucket full. I can’t wait for the day when I can live somewhere where I can grow my own… Yes friends a girl can dream…
Health benefits of blueberries:
First of all, they are loaded with antioxidants. They also have a high content of fibre, and are high in vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese. Blueberries have also been shown in some studies to help lower cholesterol and protect against heart disease.
Blueberry Chia Jam
- Place a medium sized pot on the stove and turn onto low heat.
- Add the blueberries, coconut milk, vanilla and sea salt to the pot.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and let simmer for ~10 minutes (until berries are broken up).
- Turn off the burner and let the jam set for ~10 minutes to cool
- Use your immersion blender and blend until you have the desired consistency.
- Add the chia seeds and let sit for another 20 minutes to thicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store this jam in an air tight jar or container for up to 7 days.
- You can use white or black chia seeds.