You are going to love this cashew coconut butter. This healthy spread is so rich and creamy and you will love how easy it is to make. You can use this in place of peanut butter and this nut butter is vegan, dairy free and sugar free.
Why you will love this recipe:
- This spread is so rich and creamy!
- It has such a unique flavour - it's a little sweet and a little nutty.
- It's so easy to make and only takes a few minutes to put together.
- This healthy nut butter is vegan, dairy free and sugar free.
- You can use this spread in place of peanut butter and other nut or seed butters.
- If you are on a paleo or Whole30 diet, this buttery spread is perfect to use instead of peanut butter.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Coconut butter - coconut butter is also know as coconut manna or coconut cream concentrate. You can usually find it in the gluten free or organic section of grocery stores. It is also sometimes located in the Asian isle. It as a smooth, butter flavour yet is dairy free and vegan too.
- Cashews - cashews blend so perfectly with the coconut to give this nut butter the most amazing flavour. I recommend using raw cashews for this recipe, not roasted cashews.
How to make this recipe:
Simply place the ingredients into your food processor and blend well until smooth. This will only take a few minutes.
Tips and variations:
- You can use coconut butter, coconut manna or coconut cream concentrate for this recipe.
- If you want it to be a little sweeter, add two tablespoons of maple syrup or honey.
- To turn it into vanilla cashew coconut butter, add one tablespoon of vanilla extract.
How to use:
You can use this coconut spread anywhere you would use peanut butter or other nut and seed butters. You can use it on toast, to eat right from the spoon, to add to smoothies, to put in oatmeal or to add to baked goods.
How to store:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or jar for up to 30 days.
Frequently asked questions:
This spread will be very hard to make without a food processor. If you have a high speed blender that might work, but I can't guarantee anything.
Yes! Cashew butter is low in sugar, and full of healthy fats.
Which type of nut butter is best will really depend on your taste preference. Cashew butter is naturally a little sweeter than almond butter, while almond butter is more nuttier in flavour.
Other recipes you will like:
- Pumpkin seed butter
- Macadamia nut butter
- Walnut dressing
- Sugar free cranberry sauce
- Coconut condensed milk
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Cashew Coconut Butter
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup melted coconut butter or coconut manna
- Place all ingredients into your food processor.
- Blend until you create a smooth and creamy texture.
- If you want it to be a little sweeter, add 2 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup.
- To give it a vanilla flavour, add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Store this butter in an airtight container or jar for up to 30 days.
Leave a Reply