This is the best cherry cheesecake smoothie! It's so easy to make, has the most delicious cherry cheesecake flavour, is packed full of healthy ingredients and is high in protein. This smoothie is the perfect meal or snack.
Why you will love this recipe:
- It's quick and easy to make!
- It tastes amazing! It's like you're eating a cherry cheesecake, just in smoothie form.
- This is a healthy smoothie that's full of fruit and vegetables and is so filling.
- This high calorie smoothie is high in protein with 50 grams of protein per serving!
- It makes the perfect breakfast or post work out snack.
- This smoothie is naturally gluten free, and can be made dairy free and vegan too.
- Kids love it!
- It's made without kale, without spinach, without cool whip, without cream cheese and without condensed milk.
- This smoothie has such a pretty pink color.
If you love smoothies with hidden veggies you will also love this key lime pie smoothie.
Taste and texture:
This smoothie is so rich and creamy. It tastes like cherry cheesecake and is sweet, but not too sweet. It is nice and thick and perfectly chilled. It's basically like drinking a delicious cherry shake.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Cherries - fresh cherries are full of sweet, delicious flavour. They are also high in antioxidants and fiber. Be sure to pit your cherries before you add them to the smoothie. Instead of fresh cherries you could also use frozen cherries.
- Banana - a frozen banana helps add even more natural sweetness to this smoothie. It also helps make it even more thick and creamy to give it that cheesecake type flavour.
- Cauliflower - I love adding vegetables to smoothies to make them even healthier, thicker and creamier. The great thing about cauliflower is that it has a very neutral flavour so you can't even taste it! I recommend using steamed or already cooked cauliflower.
- Cashew butter - cashew butter adds healthy fats to this smoothie and helps it taste like cheesecake. I recommend using smooth, unsweetened cashew butter to make this smoothie.
- Collagen peptides - collagen peptides help make this smoothie high in protein. They are tasteless and dissolve into the smoothie so that you can't even tell they are there.
- Coconut milk - I recommend using full fat coconut milk to make this smoothie. It adds a delicious, sweet flavour and helps make this smoothie so rich and creamy. If you can't have coconut milk I would use cashew milk or almond milk instead.
How to make:
First, place all the ingredients into your high speed blender.
Then blend everything well until the ingredients are smooth.
Now serve and enjoy!
Recipe variations and add ins:
- Instead of coconut milk you could use cashew milk or almond milk.
- To make this smoothie dairy free use a dairy free vanilla yogurt such as coconut yogurt.
- If you are vegan, omit the collagen peptides. You could replace it with a vegan protein powder but just note that this will likely change the flavour.
- To make pitting your cherries even easier use a cherry pitter that pits 6 cherries at once!
- I recommend using steamed or already cooked cauliflower to make this smoothie.
- If you are serving a crowd feel free to double or triple this recipe.
How to serve:
This smoothie is delicious served as is but you could also top it with other ingredients like cacao nibs, chocolate chips or shredded coconut. You could also easily turn this into a cherry smoothie bowl if you prefer.
How to store:
If you don't drink this smoothie right away, store it in the fridge for up to 48 hours. Be sure to give it a good stir before enjoying.
Frequently asked questions:
No this cherry smoothie is not low carb or keto.
No this is not a low calorie smoothie. This smoothie has over 1000 calories per serving to make it a complete, filling meal.
Other recipes you will love:
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Cherry Cheesecake Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients to your blender.
- Blend well until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- To make this smoothie dairy free use a dairy free yogurt.
- If you are vegan omit the collagen peptides. You could replace it with a vegan protein powder but just note that this will likely change the flavour.
- If you don't drink this smoothie right away store it in the fridge for up to 48 hours.