This is the best watermelon smoothie recipe. This heathy smoothie is refreshing and perfect for hot summer days. It's made with only three ingredients including watermelon, banana and milk. This smoothie is ready in just a few minutes and is so easy to make.
Table of Contents
Why you will love this recipe:
- This is the best watermelon and banana smoothie! It is so refreshing and full of fruity flavour.
- It's so easy to make and comes together in just a few minutes.
- You only need 3 ingredients to make this fruit smoothie including watermelon, banana and milk.
- This smoothie is healthy, and can easily be made dairy free, and vegan.
- This is a watermelon banana smoothie without yogurt.
- You can easily add some protein powder to turn this into a watermelon banana protein smoothie.
- This smoothie makes great leftovers and is perfect for meal prep.
- You can easily turn this into a watermelon banana smoothie bowl and add extra toppings such as nuts, shredded coconut or chocolate chips.
- If you love smoothies you will also love this lemonade smoothie or this Pina colada mocktail.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Watermelon - is there anything more refreshing than fresh, ripe watermelon? Watermelon gives this watermelon smoothie such a nice sweet and refreshing flavour that blends so well with the banana.
- Banana - ripe banana helps add natural sweetness to this banana smoothie without having to use any added sugar or sweeteners. Be sure to use ripe, yellow bananas rather than unripe green ones. You can use either fresh or frozen ripe banana for this smoothie.
- Milk - I used full fat coconut milk to make this smoothie because it's so rich and creamy but you can use any type of milk that you like including dairy milk, almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk, soy milk etc.
How to make this recipe:
First, add all the ingredients to your blender.
Then blend well until smooth, and enjoy!
Tips and variations:
- You can use any type of milk that you like for this recipe - I love using full fat coconut milk but other options include almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk, dairy milk, goat milk, soy milk etc.
- For a thicker smoothie add a few tablespoons of your favourite yogurt.
- To increase the protein content and make this a high protein smoothie add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to this smoothie recipe.
- You can use either fresh or frozen banana for making this smoothie.
- To make this smoothie dairy free, use a dairy free milk.
- To make this smoothie vegan, use a dairy free or vegan milk.
- Add a few fresh or frozen strawberries to turn this into a watermelon strawberry banana smoothie!
- Add a few chunks of fresh or frozen pineapple to turn this into a watermelon, pineapple and banana smoothie.
- If you are serving a crowd feel free to make a double or triple batch of this smoothie.
How to store:
Store any leftovers in a glass or jar in the fridge overnight.
Frequently asked questions:
Banana and watermelon go really well together. The sweetness of these two fruits compliment each other well and you can combine banana and watermelon in smoothies, fruit juices or fruit salads.
Bananas are a healthy, affordable fruit with many health benefits including being shown to support digestive health, help improve blood sugar regulation, help with weight loss, improve heart health, decrease blood pressure, and help with exercise recovery.
The number of calories in a banana watermelon smoothie will depend on the exact ingredients used to make the smoothie and the serving size, but this banana and watermelon smoothie has approximately 461 calories if you drink the whole thing.
Weight loss is a complex topic that involves multiple factors including the food you eat. Eating healthy can help with weight loss so yes, this watermelon and banana smoothie could help with weight loss if it's included in an overall healthy diet.
Other recipes you will love:
- Berry lemonade smoothie
- Mint smoothie bowl
- Oat milk smoothie
- Chocolate raspberry smoothie
- Blueberry mint lemonade
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Watermelon Banana Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (feel free to omit this)
- Add all the ingredients to your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used - the values here include the optional protein powder and hemp hearts.
- If you are serving a crowd you can double or triple this recipe.