This smoothie is compatible with the paleo, vegan/vegetarian and GAPS diets. It also doesn't contain any added sugar and is sweetened with only real ingredients like banana, coconut milk, coconut butter and cacao powder. So if you are on a sugar detox you can even indulge in this little treat without feeling guilty. Just because you are eating a healthy, real foods diet doesn't mean you need to feel deprived. Right? Right.
Happy eating everyone!
Chocolate Mocha Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk dairy milk could be used as well
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut butter or coconut manna or concentrate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon organic cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoon collagen peptides omit for vegan
- Place all the ingredients into your high speed blender and blend well until smooth.
- Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you don't have time to refrigerate this smoothie, use a frozen banana instead.
- If you are vegan omit the collagen peptides.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used.
Leave a Reply