This is the best oat milk smoothie recipe! It’s so tasty and refreshing and could not be easier to make. Made with oat milk, banana, blueberries, raspberries, and peanut butter, it’s a healthy smoothie with 495 calories per serving, making it the perfect breakfast or snack. This smoothie is great for meal prep and is kid friendly too!
Why you will love this recipe:
- It’s really tasty! This smoothie with oat milk is so refreshing. With the delicious combination of fresh berries, ripe banana, oat milk, and creamy peanut butter this smoothie is both filling and full of flavour!
- This refreshing smoothie can be customized with any fruit and add-ins of your choice. Change it up and make a cherry oat milk smoothie, frozen berry oat milk smoothie or raspberry oat milk smoothie.
- It is naturally sweetened and is vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
- This oat milk breakfast smoothie is very easy to make.
- This healthy smoothie is the perfect breakfast, snack, or after-workout shake.
- You can meal prep it the day before and take it with you on the go in the morning!
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Oat milk: an incredible non-dairy milk that has a nice sweet flavour. Use plain or unflavoured oat milk for this recipe to avoid any added sugars. You could also use your own homemade oat milk for this smoothie.
- Bananas: the banana helps to make this smoothie sweet, filling, smooth, and creamy. If you prefer a smoothie with no banana, omit the banana and add more berries or other fruit instead. You could also use frozen banana for this recipe.
- Berries: both blueberries and raspberries are used in this recipe to give it an incredible flavor and beautiful light color. You can easily substitute these for your other favourite berries such as strawberries or blackberries. Use either fresh or frozen berries and you could also swap some of the berries to make a cherry smoothie or frozen berry smoothie.
- Peanut butter: use your favourite creamy peanut butter or substitute with a natural nut butter, such as almond butter or cashew butter. Be sure to use natural, unsweetened, smooth peanut butter.
How to make:
To make a smoothie with oat milk, first, put all the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
Next, pour the smoothie into a large glass and enjoy! Serve immediately or store it in the fridge until you are ready to drink.
- If you prefer a colder smoothie, use a frozen banana, blueberries or raspberries.
- I recommend using plain, unsweetened oat milk for this recipe.
- If you like a thicker smoothie, add a little yogurt or decrease the amount of oat milk you add.
- I recommend using smooth, unsweetened peanut butter for this recipe (or another smooth, unsweetened nut butter).
Variations and add ins:
- Add some protein powder or collagen peptides to this recipe to turn it into an oat milk protein shake.
- Feel free to swap the berries for other berries or fruit including strawberries, or blackberries. You can also use frozen berries or even cherries!
- To make a green smoothie with oat milk add a handful of spinach or kale.
- If you prefer an oat milk smoothie with no banana, omit the banana and double the amount of berries in the recipe.
- To make this smoothie gluten free, be sure that the oat milk you are using is certified gluten free.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe if you are serving more than one person.
How to store:
If you don’t drink this smoothie right away it stores well in the fridge overnight.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I put oat milk in a smoothie?
Yes! Oat milk is so creamy and works perfectly for making smoothies.
Is oat milk or almond milk better for smoothies?
Both oat milk and almond milk are great for making smoothies. These dairy free milks are plant based and healthy milk alternatives. Which one is better will depend on your taste preference. Oat milk is a little sweeter than almond milk and higher in carbohydrates will almond milk is less sweet but higher in fat.
Is oat milk healthy for weight loss?
Yes, oat milk is a healthy weight loss option because it is low in fat, calories, and sugar. To help with weight loss, avoid the sweetened varieties of oat milk, which tend to have added sugars and fats.
How many calories does this smoothie have?
This smoothie recipe has 495 calories per serving, including 15 grams of protein and 13 grams of fiber.
What makes a smoothie unhealthy?
The easiest way to make a smoothie unhealthy is by adding a lot of sugar. Refined sugars are linked to many different health problems including heart disease, weight gain, diabetes, strokes and liver disease. To keep your smoothies healthy stick to ingredients like fruits and vegetables and avoid adding any extra sugars or sweeteners.
OTHER HEALTHY DRINKS YOU WILL LOVE:
- Berry Lemonade Smoothie
- Healing Orange Smoothie
- Lavender Mint Lemonade
- Blueberry Lemonade with Mint
- Peach Ginger Fizz
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TIKTOK AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Oat Milk Smoothie
This is the best oat milk smoothie! So easy to make it has the most delicious flavour and is so refreshing. Enjoy this healthy smoothie as a breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
Add all the ingredients to your high speed blender and blend well until smooth.
Pour the smoothie into a large glass and enjoy!
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you are serving more than one person.
- Store this smoothie in the fridge overnight if you don't drink it right away.
Pin this recipe for later: