You are going to love this vegan strawberry milkshake recipe! It has the most amazing flavour and is easy to make in just a few minutes. Made with just five ingredients this healthy milkshake is refined sugar free, dairy free and lactose free.
Why you will love this recipe:
- This dairy free strawberry milkshake has the most incredible flavour!
- It's easy to make in just a few minutes.
- It's made with just five ingredients.
- This milkshake is lactose free, refined sugar free and safe for diabetics and those on a paleo or vegan diet.
- It's delicious enough to eat for dessert but healthy enough to eat for breakfast or as a snack.
- This healthy milkshake is made with simple ingredients like strawberries, bananas, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- It's made without ice cream.
- This milkshake is thick and creamy.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Strawberries - you can use either fresh or frozen strawberries to make this milkshake. Just note that if you use frozen strawberries it will take a little longer to blend.
- Bananas - bananas are used to help naturally sweeten this milkshake while keeping it sugar free. Be sure to use ripe bananas, not green bananas. You can use either fresh or frozen bananas to make this strawberry milkshake. And don't worry, it doesn't taste like bananas!
- Coconut butter - this is the secret to making a delicious, thick strawberry smoothie without using ice cream. You can use coconut butter, coconut manna or coconut cream concentrate.
- Coconut milk - when combined with the coconut butter this creates a delicious, thick, sweet milkshake. I recommend using full fat coconut milk.
How to make this recipe:
Place all the ingredients into your blender.
Blend well until smooth. Then enjoy!
Tips and variations:
- You can use fresh or frozen strawberries and bananas to make this milkshake.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you are serving more people.
- You can turn this into a protein milkshake by adding a scoop of your favourite vegan protein powder.
- You can use coconut butter, coconut manna or coconut cream concentrate to make this milkshake.
How to store:
Store any leftovers in the fridge overnight.
Frequently asked questions:
You can make a vegan milkshake with different ingredients including vegan ice cream, coconut butter or non-dairy milks such as coconut milk or cashew milk.
Full fat coconut milk is the best non-dairy milk for making milkshakes because it is really thick and creamy. Other non-dairy milks are more watery and thin which would lead to a thin, watery milkshake.
No this milkshake recipe isn't keto or low carb.
Other recipes you will love:
- Vegan vanilla milkshake
- Vegan berry ice cream bars
- Candied strawberries
- Vegan blondies
- Dairy free strawberry vanilla popsicles
Vegan Strawberry Milkshake
- 6 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 ripe banana, broken into pieces
- 2/3 cup melted coconut butter
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract omit for AIP
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Place all the ingredients, except for the gelatin, into your blender and blend well until smooth.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours to thicken (I usually put it in overnight to make it really thick).
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you don't want to have to put this in the fridge to cool, use either frozen strawberries or banana to speed up the process.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe if you are serving more people.
I'm really intrigued by the gelatin for our smoothies in the morning...does the amazon.com site ship to Canada?
They have it on amazon.ca and they ship to Canada 🙂
Yum! Growing up strawberry was my milkshake flavor of choice!