Whole30 Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is such an amazing comfort food. This Alfredo sauce is dairy free, low carb, keto and vegan! Even though it’s healthy it is also so, so tasty and surprisingly easy to make. Enjoy this healthy vegan Alfredo sauce over noodles, vegetables, meat or fish dishes.
Whole30 Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce. Yes, Alfredo sauce made out of cauliflower. In other words, a healthy Alfredo sauce! Before this recipe I can honestly not remember the last time I had Alfredo sauce. Probably 10 years ago? How sad is that? Especially because it used to be one of my favourites. I remember going to Boston Pizza and having their Alfredo pasta baked with double cheese. That would be a total death sentence for me now. All that dairy and all that gluten. Oh I can’t even imagine the pain I would be in if I tried to eat that. But man oh man, growing up that dish was like heaven to me. So I finally decided it was time to make my own version of Alfredo sauce, and this Whole30 Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is the result.
My favourite way to use this sauce is to turn it into Whole30 Chicken Alfredo using spaghetti squash as my noodles. Oh yum!
What makes this Whole30 Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce so good:
- Even though it is made with cauliflower you would never know it! It tastes so creamy and delicious!
- It is dairy free and vegan!
- This vegan Alfredo sauce is surprisingly easy to make and doesn’t require any complicated, hard to find ingredients.
- Because this Alfredo sauce is made with cauliflower it is also low carb and keto.
- This vegan Alfredo sauce is made with no cashews so it’s nut free.
- This Alfredo sauce contains so many healthy ingredients like bone broth (this is the brand I use and love), coconut milk and coconut oil.
- There are so many options when it comes to this recipe! You can use it on spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles and turn it into Whole30 pasta, you can add it to other vegetables as a sauce or to meat or fish dishes to add even more flavour.
- It’s safe for almost all special diets including paleo, GAPS, AIP and SCD.
How to make this Whole30 Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce:
First you are going to steam the cauliflower florets until they are tender.
When the cauliflower is finished cooking, place a medium sized pot on the stove on medium heat and add the coconut oil to the pot and allow it to melt.
Then add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until starting to brown. Then add the coconut milk, bone broth and spices to the pot and stir well to combine.
Next add the steamed cauliflower to the pot and allow the mix to come to a boil. Then turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Remove the pot from heat and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes. Then Use your immersion blender and blend the sauce until smooth (alternatively you could pour the mixture into your Vitamix blender and blend until smooth)
Then serve and enjoy!
Recipes you will also like:
Whole30 Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce (Paleo, AIP, Vegan, GAPS, SCD, low carb, keto)
Whole30 Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is such a healthy and delicious vegan Alfredo sauce. Naturally dairy free and low carb you would never know it's made from cauliflower!
Cut the cauliflower into florets and steam until tender
Once the cauliflower is finished cooking, place a medium sized pot on the stove on medium heat
Add the coconut oil to the pot and allow to melt
Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until starting to brown
Add the coconut milk, bone broth and spices to the pot and stir well to combine
Add the steamed cauliflower to the pot
Allow the mix to come to a boil
Turn down the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes
Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes
Using your immersion blender, blend the sauce until smooth (alternatively you could pour the mixture into your Vitamix blender and blend until smooth)
Serve and enjoy!
- You can use this Alfredo sauce as a sauce for pasta, meat dishes, and fish dishes.
- You could use this Alfredo sauce as a soup!
- This Alfredo sauce freezes well.
Pin this recipe for later: