This is the best lavender mint lemonade recipe! It's so easy to make and is the perfect refreshing drink for summer. Made with lemon juice, lavender and mint leaves this healthy cocktail or mocktail is perfect for picnics, barbecues, tailgates and cookouts!
Why you will love this recipe:
- This lavender lemonade with mint is so delicious! It has such a beautiful flavour that is slightly sweet and a little tart.
- You will love how quick and easy this lemonade is to make.
- You can use either fresh lavender or dried lavender for this healthy lemonade recipe.
- It's great to serve any time but is especially perfect for picnics, barbecues, cookouts and tailgates.
- You can turn this lemonade into a cocktail by adding a little gin to make lavender gin lemonade.
- The lavender turns this lemonade into a pretty pink lemonade.
- It's made without lavender syrup or simple syrup.
- This lemonade is low in sugar, refined sugar free, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, vegan and vegetarian.
- Don't have lavender? No worries, make blueberry mint lemonade, huckleberry lemonade or apple cider vinegar lemonade instead!
If you love lavender then you will love my post on the uses for dried lavender.
Taste and texture:
This lemonade is slightly sweet, a little tangy, and has hints of both lavender and mint. The lavender and mint flavours are not too strong, so even if you don't like the taste of lavender you will still love this lemonade. It has a nice smooth texture, and when serve chilled it is so refreshing!
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Lavender flowers - lavender is the star of this lemonade. It adds a unique flavour and beautiful pink color to create lavender pink lemonade. You can use either fresh lavender flowers or dried lavender flowers for this homemade lemonade. Just be sure to use food grade lavender that doesn't have pesticides on it.
- Mint leaves - fresh mint leaves help add a refreshing mint flavour to this mint lemonade.
- Lemon juice - freshly squeezed lemon juice makes the best lemonade! You can either squeeze your own lemon juice or buy lemon juice from the store.
- Honey or maple syrup - either of these natural sweeteners can be used to sweeten this lemonade. If you are vegan be sure to use maple syrup.
How to make this recipe:
First, place a large pot on the stove and add the water plus the lemon juice.
Next, turn on the burner to medium high heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
Once it has boiled, turn off the burner and add the tea ball filled with lavender flowers, mint leaves and honey or maple syrup. Give everything a quick stir.
Let it steep for 30-60 minutes.
Now remove the tea ball and mint leaves from the lemonade, and either let the lemonade cool in the fridge or add some ice to cool it faster. Then serve and enjoy!
Tips and variations:
- You can use either fresh lavender or dried lavender for this recipe.
- If you are serving a crowd feel free to make a double or triple batch.
- Turn turn this into lavender gin lemonade by adding some gin before serving.
- Either honey or maple syrup can be used to sweeten this lemonade.
- This recipe is versatile - add a little ginger to make lavender ginger lemonade, add a couple fresh basil leaves to make lavender basil lemonade or add a sprig of fresh thyme to make lavender thyme lemonade.
- You can add more or less honey or maple syrup to make it more or less sweet depending on your flavour preference.
How to serve:
This lemonade is best served chilled. It's the most refreshing when it's cold. You can serve it on its own or add a little gin or vodka to turn it into a lemonade cocktail. This drink is great to serve in the summer and is perfect for picnics, barbecues, tailgates and pool days.
How to store:
Store this lemonade in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Frequently asked questions:
Lavender is known to have many health benefits including helping you relax and sleep, but the benefits are normally associated with smelling lavender, rather than drinking it, so whether or not lavender lemonade can help with sleep is not clear.
This lavender lemonade recipe does not contain caffeine, but other lavender lemonade recipes might depending on the ingredients used.
Yes it is as long as you sweeten it with maple syrup.
Other recipes you will love:
- Blueberry Mint Lemonade
- Lemon lavender cookies
- Lemonade Smoothie
- Peach Ginger Fizz
- Mermaid Lemonade
- Lavender Vanilla Popsicles
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Lavender Mint Lemonade
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup depending on how sweet you want it
- 20 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lavender flowers (put them in a tea ball)
- Place a medium pot on the stove and add the water plus the lemon juice.
- Turn on the burner to medium high heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Once it has boiled turn off the burner and add the tea ball filled with lavender flowers, mint leaves and honey.
- Let it steep for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the mint leaves and tea ball and transfer the lemonade to a pitcher.
- Add some ice or put the pitcher in the fridge to cool the lemonade.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store any leftover lemonade in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can add more or less honey or maple syrup depending on how sweet you like your lemonade.