These air fryer salmon patties with lemon dill aioli are so good! Crisp on the outside, yet soft and tender on the inside they have the perfect taste and texture. They are made with pantry staples including canned salmon and are ready in just 15 minutes.
Why you will love this recipe:
- These salmon patties cooked in the air fryer turn out perfectly crisp on the outside, yet soft and tender on the inside. They have the perfect taste and texture.
- They are ready in just 15 minutes! They are so quick and easy to make and the clean up is a breeze too!
- They are made with simple pantry staples like canned salmon, mayonnaise and dill and have the most incredible flavour!
- They make great leftovers and store really well in the fridge so they are perfect for meal prep.
- They are a healthy dinner or lunch option and could also be eaten as a snack or even for breakfast.
- They're dairy free and I've included options for making them gluten free, Whole30, keto, low carb and paleo!
Taste and texture:
These salmon cakes are so delicious! They are nice and crispy on the outside yet soft, moist and tender on the inside. They have flavours of lemon and dill which combine perfectly to give them the best taste.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Canned salmon - Canned salmon forms the base of these delicious fish cakes. I suggest using unsalted canned salmon rather than salted and I recommend using wild canned salmon rather than farmed if possible.
- Almond flour - you can use bread crumbs or crushed crackers instead. Almond flour helps bind the salmon cakes together and adds healthy fat and fiber to this recipe. Almond flour is higher in protein and full of healthy fats compared to most other types of flour which is why I love to use it in this recipe.
- Mayonnaise - to help add flavour and moisture to these salmon cakes. You can either use homemade mayonnaise or store bought mayo.
- Dijon mustard - to kick up the flavour profile even more! You can use any type of dijon mustard that you prefer.
- Dried dill - one of my favourite spices for pairing with salmon.
- Lemons (for both the zest and juice) - to add flavour and moisture to these salmon cakes.
- Egg - this helps add moisture and bind these salmon cakes together.
How to make this recipe:
First, add all the ingredients for the salmon cakes into a bowl. Then stir everything together to combine.
Then form the salmon mixture into 4 patties of equal size and brush the rack of your air fryer with avocado oil (or another cooking oil of your choice).
Then transfer the patties to the tray or basket of your air fryer and cook them for 15 minutes at 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
While the salmon cakes are cooking, make the aioli by stirring all the ingredients together in a bowl or measuring cup. Once the patties are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer and top them with the aioli. Then serve and enjoy!
Chef's tips and recipe variations:
- Instead of almond flour feel free to use bread crumbs or crushed crackers instead.
- You could use white onion instead of green onion.
- You could easily double or triple this recipe to make a larger batch.
- Try to make all of the patties the same size so that they cook at the same rate.
- Every air fryer is slightly different so you may have to adjust the cooking times slightly if you use a different brand.
How to serve:
You can serve these salmon patties in so many different ways. They are delicious served as is, but you could also turn them into salmon burgers by serving them on a bun. I also love serving salmon cakes over white rice or lettuce and drizzling everything with the lemon dill sauce.
Salmon cakes also pair well with many different side dishes. Some of my favourites include:
How to store:
These salmon patties store really well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days and make great leftovers.
Frequently asked questions:
The key is using a good binder! For this recipe I used an egg plus almond flour but bread crumbs or crushed crackers would also work.
I love serving these salmon patties over rice and with a side salad. I coat everything with the lemon dill aioli and it tastes so good! Other things that pair well with them include broccoli salad, potato salad, cooked carrots, cooked squash or French fries.
I found that these patties take 15-17 minutes to cook at 360F. Depending on the air fryer that you have you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly.
To bind salmon patties you can use crushed crackers but you can also use breadcrumbs, oatmeal, almond flour or almond meal.
Salmon patties are done cooking when they are golden brown on the outside, and pink and flaky on the inside. If you have a meat thermometer you can tell if the salmon patties are done when the inside reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
No problem! Instead, cook these salmon patties in the oven. Put them on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping them halfway through to ensure they cook evenly.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
- Air fryer pork ribs
- Easy air fryer pork belly
- Air fryer carrots
- Air fryer chicken wings
- Air fryer spaghetti squash
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Air Fryer Salmon Patties with Lemon Dill Aioli
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (for greasing the tray of your air fryer if needed)
Salmon Patties Instructions
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix everything together until combined.
- Form into 4 patties of equal size and brush the rack of your air fryer with avocado oil.
- Cook the patties for 15 minutes at 360F.
Lemon Dill Aioli Instructions
- Place the ingredients in a bowl or glass measuring cup.
- Stir well to combine.
- Top the salmon cakes with the aioli and serve and enjoy!
- Every model of air fryer is different, so you may have to adjust the cooking time slightly.
- If you use a basket style air fryer you will need to flip the patties half way through to ensure they cook evenly.
- Instead of almond flour you can use bread crumbs or crushed crackers instead.