Air fryer frozen shrimp are the best shrimp ever! They come out perfectly tender and have hints of lemon, garlic, salt and pepper. They are so easy to make and are ready in just 10 minutes! You’ll never want to cook shrimp any other way.
How to make Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
Why these frozen shrimp in the air fryer are the best:
- The shrimp turn out perfectly tender and full of flavour. Never dry or overcooked they turn out perfect every time.
- You’ve probably had popcorn shrimp, butterfly shrimp, breaded shrimp and battered shrimp before but air fried frozen shrimp are another fun and easy way to cook frozen shrimp!
- I’ve added a delicious lemon garlic butter to take these shrimp to the next level and make them taste even better.
- You will love how easy these air fry shrimp are to make. You only need 6 ingredients and the shrimp will be ready in just 10 minutes!
- Shrimp are a healthy protein source that are quick and easy to make and are great if you are on a low carb, keto, paleo or gluten free diet.
What you need to make these air fryer frozen shrimp:
- An air fryer – this is the one I use and love
- 1 lb of frozen raw shrimp – as an alternative you could also use frozen breaded shrimp instead
- Butter or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
Tips for making these frozen shrimp in an air fryer:
- This recipe uses frozen raw shrimp. If you use frozen cooked shrimp decrease the cooking time to 5-6 minutes.
- You could also use frozen breaded shrimp instead
- The cooking times for this recipe may vary depending on the type of air fryer you have
- Leave the shell and tails on these shrimp when making them in the air fryer to help protect them and then remove them after they have cooked (see the instructions below if you aren’t sure how to do this)
- Don’t overcrowd the shrimp on the racks of your air fryer or they won’t cook as well – be sure to put them on a single layer in your air fryer basket or trays
- You can either use melted butter or coconut oil for this recipe
- Don’t add the salt until after the shrimp are cooked! The shrimp stay more tender if you add the salt after they are cooked
- Feel free to make a double or triple batch if you are feeding a crowd
- Store these shrimp in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Feel free to add other seasonings to the shrimp to give them a different flavour such as garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper etc.
How to make these shrimp in a basket style air fryer:
Coat the frozen shrimp in the lemon butter and then place the frozen shrimp in the air fryer basket, in a single layer, and cook for 5 minutes at 400F if they are pre-cooked shrimp, or 10 minutes if they are raw shrimp.
Frequently asked questions:
To remove the shell: Put your thumb on the underbelly of the shrimp, where the legs are attached. Release the shell with your thumb. Hold the tail while removing the shell by simply pulling it off. I don’t recommend doing this until the shrimp is cooked. It would be very challenging with frozen shrimp.
To remove the tail: It’s really easy to remove the tail! Pinch the tail at the bottom, where it connects with the shrimp’s body. Pull it. The tail should come off easily.
Nope! This is a matter of personal preference. The vein is safe to eat. And it’s actually not a vein at all. It’s the shrimp’s digestive tract.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
- Air fryer salmon cakes with lemon dill aioli
- Air fryer salt and pepper chicken wings
- Air fryer BBQ ribs
- Air fryer frozen chicken wings
- Air fryer carrots
Want an air fryer but aren’t sure which one to get? I use and love the Chefman 6.3 Quart Air Fryer!
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
These air fryer frozen shrimp are so delicious! Tender and juicy with a garlic lemon butter you will love how easy they are to make in just 10 minutes!
- 1 lb frozen raw shrimp
- 1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice from one lemon
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
Add the melted butter, crushed garlic and lemon juice to a bowl and stir well to combine
Dunk each shrimp into the lemon garlic butter, coating both sides of the shrimp
Place the shrimp on the racks of your air fryer and cook for 5 minutes at 400F. Flip the shrimp and cook for another 5-6 minutes at 400F, until the shrimp is cooked
Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and remove the shell and tails from the shrimp. If you prefer you can also devein the shrimp.
- The cooking times for this recipe are for using frozen raw shrimp. If you use frozen cooked shrimp decrease the cooking time to 5 minutes.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the air fryer you use
- Don’t overcrowd the shrimp on the rack of your air fryer.
- Remove the shell and tails after the shrimp have cooked.
- Don’t add the salt until after the shrimp has cooked.
Pin this recipe for later: