You are going to love making air fryer frozen chicken tenders. They are so easy to make, in under 10 minutes, and turn out perfectly crispy on the outside, yet moist and tender on the inside. You'll never need to order fast food again!
Why you will love this recipe:
- It's so easy to make air fryer frozen chicken strips! It takes less than 10 minutes to cook frozen chicken tenders in an air fryer. It really is the best way to cook them.
- The chicken strips turn out perfectly with air frying. Nice and crispy on the outside, yet moist and tender on the inside.
- The clean up is so easy since you aren't deep frying anything. It takes a fraction of the time it would if you deep fried your chicken tenders.
- Making frozen chicken strips in an air fryer is healthier than ordering deep fried chicken tenders from your favourite fast food restaurant since you get to choose the type of chicken strips you use and how much oil you add.
- Because it is so easy to air fry frozen chicken strips you can add this easy meal to your weekly meal prep. It's a great way to have a complete meal on the table in no time.
- Instead of using store bought chicken tenders you could also use homemade frozen chicken strips.
- It's more affordable to cook your own chickens tenders at home compared to ordering chicken strips from your favourite restaurant so it's a great way to save money on food.
Taste and texture:
You are going to love how good these air fryer chicken strips are! They are nice and crispy on the outside, yet moist and tender on the inside. The entire family will love cooking chicken tenders this way because of how good they are!
You only need one simple ingredient to make this easy air fryer recipe. You should be able to find it at your local grocery store. For more ingredient details see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Frozen chicken tenders or frozen chicken strips - You can use any brand of chicken tenders that you like including Tyson crispy chicken strips, Trader Joe's chicken strips, buffalo chicken strips, gluten free chicken strips or even homemade chicken strips. You could also use chicken strips with no breading (also known as naked chicken tenders) if you prefer.
Step-by step instructions:
First you'll preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next you will place the frozen, raw chicken tenders on the tray or in the basket of your air fryer. Cook them for 8-10 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit until they are golden brown and then let them rest in the air fryer for a few minutes to cool and tenderize the chicken.
- Every model of air fryer is different, so you may have to adjust the cook time depending on which model you use.
- Depending on the brand and the size of the chicken fingers you have you may need to adjust the cooking time (smaller chicken strips or chicken nuggets will take less time to cook).
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, and how many chicken tenders you have, you may have to cook the chicken in batches.
- For the crispiest chicken strips and best results, be sure to leave some space around the chicken so the hot air can circulate and they cook better. Don't overlap them and make sure they are in a single layer in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray.
- If food tends to stick to your air fryer, give the chicken strips or tray a quick spray with avocado oil or another cooking spray before you air fry them.
- If you don't cook all the frozen chicken strips, return any extras to the freezer.
How to serve:
Chicken tenders can be served as an easy appetizer, quick lunch, quick dinner, or easy snack. You can eat them on their own or pair them with your favorite sauce such as honey mustard sauce, ketchup, bbq sauce or plum sauce. They also pair well with many different side dishes. Some of my favourites include:
- French fries or tater tots
- Sweet potato fries
- Broccoli salad
- Ceasar salad - this is my favourite Ceasar dressing
- Kale and apple salad
How to store:
Store any leftover chicken tenders in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
How to reheat:
To reheat chicken tenders in air fryer, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then cook the chicken tenders for 3-5 minutes, until the chicken strips are warmed through.
Frequently asked questions:
Absolutely! Just note that frozen French fries take longer to cook in an air fryer than frozen chicken tenders, so once the chicken tenders are completely cooked, take them out of the air fryer and continue cooking the French fries until they are done.
If you stack chicken tenders in an air fryer they won't cook as well. For best results, put them in a single layer when you cook them in your air fryer.
Other easy air fryer recipes you will love:
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air fryer chicken wings
- Best frozen foods to cook in an air fryer
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Burrito
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star rating before you go!
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders
- 8 frozen chicken tenders
- spray oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 380F. Then place as many frozen chicken strips as you want to cook on your air fryer tray or in your air fryer basket. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the chicken strips rest in the air fryer for a few minutes before serving to allow the meat to become even more tender.
- Nutritional information will vary depending on the brand of chicken strips you are using. Please refer to the package you are using for more accurate counts.
- Don't overlap the chicken strips in your air fryer or they won't cook properly.
- Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the chicken strips and your air fryer.