You are going to love making Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders. They are so easy to make in under 10 minutes and turn out perfectly crispy on the outside, yet moist and tender on the inside. You’ll never need to order fast food again!
Why you will love this recipe:
- It’s so easy! It takes less than 10 minutes to cook the frozen chicken tenders in air fryer.
- The clean up is so easy since you aren’t deep frying anything.
- The chicken strips turn out perfectly. Nice and crispy on the outside, yet moist and tender on the inside.
- You can use any brand of chicken tenders that you like including Tyson chicken strips, Trader Joe’s chicken strips, buffalo chicken strips, gluten free chicken strips or even homemade chicken strips. You could also use chicken strips with no breading if you prefer.
- They’re healthier than ordering deep fried chicken tenders from your favourite fast food restaurant. Since you get to choose the type of chicken strips you use and how much oil you add.
- Frozen chicken tenders or strips – you can use any brand that you like including Tyson frozen chicken strips, Trader Joe’s frozen chicken strips, gluten free frozen chicken strips or your own homemade chicken strips.
How to air fry frozen chicken strips:
Step one: First you’ll preheat your air fryer to 380F.
Step two: Next you will place the frozen chicken strips on the tray or in the basket of your air fryer. Cook them for 8-10 minutes at 380 F and then let them rest in the air fryer for a few minutes to cool and tenderize the chicken.
- Every model of air fryer is different, so you may have to adjust the cooking time if you are using a different model than I do.
- Depending on the brand and the size of the chicken tenders you have you may need to adjust the cooking times (smaller chicken strips will take less time to cook).
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, and how many chicken tenders you have, you may have to cook the chicken in batches.
- For the crispiest chicken strips, be sure to leave some space around the chicken so the air can circulate and they cook better. Don’t overlap them.
- If food tends to stick to your air fryer, give the chicken strips or tray a quick spray with avocado oil or another cooking oil before you air fry them.
- Serve these chicken strips with honey mustard sauce, your favourite ketchup or bbq sauce.
- If you don’t eat all the cooked chicken strips, store them in an air tight container in the fridge for up two 3 days.
- If you don’t cook all the frozen chicken strips, return any extras to the freezer.
What to serve with chicken strips:
- French fries – you can make these in your air fryer too!
- Sweet potato fries
- Broccoli salad
- Ceasar salad – this is my favourite Ceasar dressing
- Kale and apple salad
Frequently asked questions:
How long do you cook frozen chicken tenders in the air fryer?
It takes 8-10 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit to cook frozen chicken tenders in an air fryer, assuming you preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. But if you don’t pre-heat your air fryer, you will need to add a few minutes to the cook time.
How do you cook Tyson frozen chicken tenders in air fryer?
To cook Tyson frozen chicken tenders in an air fryer, preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit, and then cook the chicken tenders for 8-10 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can you air fry chicken strips and fries at the same time?
Absolutely! Just note that frozen French fries take longer to cook in an air fryer than frozen chicken tenders, so once the chicken tenders are completely cooked, take them out of the air fryer and continue cooking the French fries until they are done.
Can you stack chicken tenders in an air fryer?
If you stack chicken tenders in an air fryer they won’t cook as well. For best results, put them in a single layer when you cook them in your air fryer.
OTHER AIR FRYER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Burrito
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TIKTOK AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders
You will love making frozen chicken tenders in your air fryer! They are so easy to make, the clean up is a breeze and they turn out perfectly crispy, just like they were deep fried.
- 8 frozen chicken tenders
- spray oil
Preheat your air fryer to 380F. Then place as many frozen chicken strips as you want to cook on your air fryer tray or in your air fryer basket. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
Let the chicken strips rest in the air fryer for a few minutes before serving to allow the meat to become even more tender.
- Nutritional information will vary depending on the brand of chicken strips you are using. Please refer to the package you are using for more accurate counts.
- Don't overlap the chicken strips in your air fryer or they won't cook properly.
Pin this post for later: