Making air fryer frozen chicken wings is so easy! They turn out perfectly crisp on the outside and melt off the bone tender on the inside. They’re ready in under 30 minutes and the clean up is so simple. You can choose whatever flavour you like: salt and pepper, buffalo, teriyaki or bbq!
I can’t wait for you guys to try these air fryer frozen chicken wings! They are so easy to make since you don’t need to thaw the chicken ahead of time! They’re ready in under 30 minutes and turn out perfectly crisp on the outside yet nice and tender on the inside. You can leave them as salt and pepper chicken wings or add a sauce to turn them into buffalo, teriyaki or bbq chicken wings. These chicken wings are also keto, low carb, paleo and Whole30!
What you need to make these air fryer frozen chicken wings:
- An air fryer – this is the one I use and love
- Frozen chicken wings
- Avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: sauce of choice for topping the wings (such as buffalo, bbq or teriyaki)
Tips for these frozen air fryer chicken wings:
- To turn these into buffalo chicken chicken wings: after the wings are finished cooking coat them in your favourite buffalo sauce
- To turn these into bbq chicken wing: coat them with bbq sauce after they have finished cooking
- To turn them into teriyaki chicken wings: coat them in teriyaki sauce after they are done cooking
- Depending on the model of air fryer that you have you may need to adjust the cooking times for these wings
- I recommend cooking these chicken wings on the top rack of your air fryer
- These chicken wings keep well in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you are feeding more people
What to serve with chicken wings:
A few other ideas include french fries, sweet potato fries, a side salad or cut raw vegetables.
Frequently asked questions:
I found that frozen chicken wings take 28-30 minutes at 400F to cook. But cooking times will vary slightly depending on the type of air fryer that you use.
I don’t recommend it. I find they cook the best if you put them in a single layer.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
- Air Fryer Pork Belly
- Air fryer salmon cakes with lemon dill aioli
- Air fryer BBQ ribs
- Air fryer frozen shrimp with lemon garlic butter
- Air fryer carrots
Want an air fryer but aren’t sure which one to get? I use and love the Chefman 6.3 Quart Air Fryer!
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
You will love these air fryer frozen chicken wings. They are so easy to make and turn out perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- 1 lb frozen chicken wings
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Optional: sauce for coating
Place the frozen chicken wings on the rack of your air fryer and cook at 400F for 15 minutes
Pull the chicken wings apart and coat both sides of the wings with avocado oil. Bake for another 10 minutes at 400F
Sprinkle both sides of the wings with salt and pepper to taste. Then flip the wings one more time and cook for anotheer 3-5 minutes at 400F
Optional: Coat the wings with a sauce of your choice such as buffalo sauce, bbq sauce or teriyaki sauce before serving
- You can serve these as salt and pepper chicken wings or add a sauce to these wings such as buffalo sauce, teriyaki sauce or bbq sauce once they have finished cooking
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe depending on how many people you are feeding
- Store these chicken wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
Pin this recipe for later: