Air fryer frozen hamburgers are so easy to make! Ready in just 20 minutes you will love how juicy and tender frozen hamburger patties turn out when cooked in an air fryer. So much easier and healthier than fast food, but they taste just as good!
Why you will love this recipe:
- These frozen hamburgers in the air fryer are so easy to make and it saves so much time when you don't have to defrost your hamburgers ahead of time!
- These burgers turn out perfectly juicy and tender even though they are cooked from frozen.
- They are ready in just 20 minutes and the clean up is so simple! You just put the frozen burgers in the air fryer and let it do the work!
- They are a healthy alternative to fast food that you can whip up at home in no time.
- Hamburgers are gluten free, dairy free, keto, low carb, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- You can serve these burgers however you like and your kids will love them too.
Taste and texture:
These hamburger patties turn out very juicy and tender, even though they are cooked from frozen. They are not tough or chewy. The flavour will depend on the seasonings you use and the toppings you add but these beef burgers are just as good as any fast food restaurant.
Ingredients and substitutions:
Frozen hamburger patties - I personally use grass fed and grass finished all beef hamburger patties but you can use any type of frozen burger patty that you like including Ball Park frozen hamburgers, gluten free hamburger patties, and more. This cooking method will also work for frozen turkey burgers and frozen pork burgers too.
How to cook:
First, place the frozen hamburger patties onto the tray or basket of your air fryer and then cook them for 10-12 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, flip the burger patties and cook them for another 10-12 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit, until the burgers are cooked through.
- Every model of air fryer is different, so depending on the model that you have, you may need to adjust the cooking time or temperature slightly.
- Depending on the size of your hamburger patties you may have to adjust the cooking time slightly.
- Note that if your air fryer is like mine, the patties on the lower rack will take longer to cook than the patties on the upper rack so be prepared to cook them a little longer.
- Depending on how well done you like your hamburgers, you may need to adjust your cooking times: for well done, cook longer, for less well done, cook shorter (just make sure the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Be sure to leave a little space around the hamburger patties when they are in the air fryer so that they can cook properly - if air can't circulate around the hamburgers they won't cook properly.
What to serve with burgers:
You can serve burgers with so many different side dishes but some of my favourite include:
How to store:
If you have leftover cooked burger patties, store them in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
How to reheat:
To reheat hamburgers in an air fryer, simply cook them for 2-3 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Frequently asked questions:
This will depend slightly on the type of air fryer you have, the size of the hamburger patties you are using, and how well done you like your burgers, but for this recipe it takes 20 minutes, cooking the hamburgers at 370F.
Beef burgers need to be cooked until the internal temperature reaches 155 °F (and stays at that temperature for 15 seconds), or until the internal temperature reaches 160 °F.
For this air fryer recipe you do not need to preheat your air fryer. If you choose to preheat it, subtract a few minutes from the burger cooking time.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
- Air Fryer Pork Belly
- Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Broccoli in the air fryer
- Air fryer salmon cakes with lemon dill aioli
- Air fryer BBQ ribs
- Air fryer frozen shrimp with lemon garlic butter
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Air Fryer Frozen Hamburgers
- 4 frozen hamburger patties
- spray oil for air fryer (if food tends to stick to your air fryer give it a quick spray before placing the patties on it)
- Place thee frozen hamburger patties onto the tray of your air fryer and cook for 10-12 minutes at 370F.
- Flip the burgers and cook for another 10-12 minutes at 370F, until the burgers are cooked through.
- If food tends to stick to your air fryer, be sure to spray it with a little oil before placing the hamburger patties on or in it.
- Every model of air fryer is different so you may have to adjust the cooking time slightly.