Cooking air fryer frozen meatballs is so easy! They turn out so juicy and tender and are ready in under 15 minutes. These beef meatballs can be used for so many things including being added to pasta dishes, eaten as an appetizer or a snack. They are naturally keto, gluten free and paleo!
Air Fryer Frozen Meatballs
Why these air fryer frozen meatballs are so good:
- They are so easy to make and are ready in under 15 minutes! Plus the clean up is so simple since they’re made in an air fryer
- They turn out so juicy and tender even though they are cooked from frozen
- You can use any brand of frozen meatballs that you like when you cook frozen meatballs in an air fryer including Trader Joe’s meatballs
- You can use these meatballs in so many ways: add them to pasta dishes, serve as an appetizer or eat as a snack
What you need to make frozen meatballs in an air fryer:
You only need two things to make these meatballs!
- An air fryer – this is the one I use and love
- Frozen beef meatballs – I use grass fed beef meatballs but you can use any beef meatballs that you like
How to cook these meatballs:
You will love how easy this is!
Simply place the frozen meatballs on the rack or in the basket of your air fryer and cook for 11-12 minutes at 390F.
Tips and variations for making these air fried frozen meatballs:
- Cooking times will vary depending on the model of air fryer you have, so you may need to adjust this recipe slightly
- Don’t overlap the meatballs when putting them in the air fryer. Place them in a single layer to ensure they cook evenly.
- Depending on the size and brand of meatballs you use, you may need to adjust the cooking time
- This method of air fryer meatballs is for frozen beef meatballs, if you use another type of meat you will likely need to adjust the cooking time slightly
- How to use these meatballs: for pasta dishes, for marinara or spaghetti sauces, for appetizers or as a snack!
Frequently asked questions:
How long does it take to cook frozen meatballs?
When you cook frozen meatballs in an air fryer it only takes 11-12 minutes to cook them at 390F, compared to at least 20 minutes when you cook them in an oven.
Yes! You can cook many frozen meats in an air fryer including meatballs, chicken wings, steak, chicken tenders and more!
You want to cook these frozen meatballs in air fryer until they reach an internal temperature of 160F.
Can you air fry Trader Joe’s meatballs?
Absolutely! You can cook any brand of meatball in an air fryer and you can cook them either from fresh or frozen, whichever you prefer.
How long does an air fryer take to preheat?
The time to preheat an air fryer may depend slightly on the brand, but most seem to take about 3 minutes to preheat.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
- Frozen French fries in the air fryer
- Frozen burgers in the air fryer
- Lamb chops in the air fryer
- Air fryer pork belly
- Air fryer salmon cakes with lemon dill aioli
- Air fryer frozen chicken wings
Want an air fryer but aren’t sure which one to get? I use and love the Chefman 6.3 Quart Air Fryer!
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Air Fryer Frozen Meatballs
Cooking frozen meatballs in the air fryer is so easy! They turn out perfectly tender and moist and are ready in just 15 minutes.
- 1 lb frozen beef meatballs
- spray oil (if food tends to stick to your air fryer, spray it with some oil before placing the meatballs on it)
Place the frozen meatballs on the top tray of your air fryer and cook at 390F for 11-12 minutes
If you are using a basket style air fryer, be sure to shake the basket half way through cooking
- Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your meatballs
- These cooking times are for beef meatballs
- If food tends to stick to your air fryer, spray it with some oil before placing the meatballs on or in it
Pin this post for later: