This is the best air fryer pork belly. Slightly sweet and a little salty with a melt in your mouth meat layer and nice and crispy skin. It’s so easy to make in just 20 minutes with ingredients from your pantry. Plus the clean up is so simple!
Air Fryer Pork Belly Recipe
I have always struggled to make the perfect pork belly in the oven, I could just never get the meat to be that tender or the pork belly skin to be that crispy. The air fryer has changed all of that! It took me a few tries to get the perfect air fryer pork belly strips recipe but I did it! You guys are going to love this recipe. It’s so easy to make and is ready in just 20 minutes. It is slightly sweet yet a little salty with a perfectly tender meat layer and nice and crispy pork belly skin.
Why this air fryer pork belly is the best:
- The pork belly turns out perfectly! The meat layer is so nice and tender yet the skin is nice and crisp, just how pork belly should be!
- It’s so easy and simple to make and is ready in under 30 minutes, taking just 20 minutes to cook.
- It’s so much healthier and less messy to make pork belly in an air fryer when compared to deep frying.
- These fryer pork belly bites are so versatile. You can serve them as a main dish, as an appetizer or as a side dish.
- This recipe uses pantry staples like soy sauce, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper but you could easily change it up with other spices like garlic powder.
Ingredients needed to make this air fryer pork belly:
- An air fryer – this is the one I use and love
- A piece of pork belly – get pasture raised pork delivered right to your door here
- Soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
Tips for making this pork belly in air fryer:
- Try and cut the strips of pork belly into the same sized pieces so that they cook at the same rate
- I cook all the pork belly pieces on the top rack of my air fryer, if you use the lower rack you may have to increase the cooking time
- Feel free to double this recipe if you are serving more people
- You can serve these pork belly bites as an appetizer or a main dish
- To make this gluten free use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce
- For a different flavour feel free to use other spices such as garlic powder
- Try serving these fryer pork belly bites with bbq sauce to give them even more flavour
- Keep this pork belly in the fridge in an air tight container for 3-4 days
Frequently asked questions:
Pork belly is a boneless cut of fatty meat from the belly of a pig. It is the same type of meat that is used to make bacon, but pork belly is uncured, un-smoked and un-sliced in comparison to bacon. You can buy pork belly at most butchers and most grocery stores now too!
That often depends on the type of bacon and pork belly you are getting. Most types of bacon on the market contain nitrates, more salt, and sugar, so in that case, yes pork belly would be considered a healthier alternative. If however you are getting nitrate free and sugar free bacon the two would be fairly equal health wise.
You can serve many different things with pork belly but some of my favourites include:
Simple Broccoli Salad
Easy Potato Salad
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Maple Cranberry Brussels Sprouts
Other ideas include a side salad, caesar salad, roasted potatoes or other roasted vegetables.
How can I make this pork belly recipe paleo?
Just use coconut aminos and coconut sugar instead of soy sauce and brown sugar.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
- Air fryer frozen hamburgers
- Air fryer lamb chops
- Air fryer salmon cakes with lemon dill aioli
- Air fryer salt and pepper chicken wings
- Air fryer frozen meatballs
- Air fryer frozen French fries
- Air fryer BBQ ribs
Want an air fryer but aren’t sure which one to get? I use and love the Chefman 6.3 Quart Air Fryer!
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Air Fryer Pork Belly
This air fryer pork belly is the best! The skin is nice and crispy while the meat is so tender. It has a slightly sweet yet salty flavour and is ready in just 20 minutes.
- 1 lb pork belly
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Wash and dry the pork belly, and if there is any hair, scrape that off. Cut the pork belly into ~1" sized strips
Place the marinade ingredients in a bowl and stir well to combine
Add the pork belly strips to the bowl and coat them well with the sauce
Place the pork belly strips onto the top rack of your air fryer and cook for 18 minutes at 390F. Flip the pork belly strips and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes at 400F to crisp up the pork belly even more (cooking time will depend on the size of your pork belly and your air fryer)
Pin this recipe for later: