Air fryer carrots are simply the best! So easy and simple to make with sweet and savoury versions you will love that they are made with simple ingredients from your pantry. These sliced cooked carrots make a delicious side dish that’s perfect anytime!
Have you jumped on the air fryer bandwagon yet? If not you need to! I only wish I had invested in one sooner. I’ve been testing out all sorts of recipes in the air fryer and today I am sharing two recipes for air fryer carrots! One sweet version and one savoury version.
Both recipes are easy to make, use very little oil and taste amazing! The sweet version has cinnamon and just a little sugar while the savoury version is salty with hints of spice from black pepper. I’ve even included an optional lemon dill dressing recipe for you to enjoy with these air fryer carrots! You are going to love them!
What you need to make air fryer carrots:
- An air fryer! I use and love the Chefman 6.3 Quart Airfryer
- Fresh carrots
- Avocado oil or coconut oil – I’ve tested the recipe with both and either work!
- Sea salt
- For the sweet carrots: ground cinnamon and coconut sugar (maple syrup and maple sugar also work well)
- For the savoury carrots: ground black pepper
- If you make the optional lemon dill dressing you will need a Vitamix blender (or food processor), cashews, fresh lemons, dried dill, coconut milk, and sea salt
How to make air fryer carrots:
You are going to love how easy these carrots are to make!
To make the sweet carrots:
- First, peel and cut the carrots into ~1 inch sized pieces
- Next put the cut carrots into a bowl and add the other ingredients. Stir well until the carrots are coated evenly.
- Transfer the carrots to the tray or basket of your air fryer. Turn your air fryer on to 380F and cook the carrots for 20-25 minutes, stirring the carrots once to ensure the sides cook evenly. Cook until the carrots are have the texture that you like.
To make the savoury carrots:
- Peel the carrots and cut them in half, and then cut the larger half in half again length wise so that the pieces are all around the same size (see photo).
- Transfer the cut carrots to a bowl and add the oil and spices, stirring well until the carrots are coated evenly.
- Transfer the carrots to the tray or basket of your air fryer. Turn the air fryer on to 380F and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the carrots are the texture you desire.
- Top with the optional lemon dill dressing or serve plain. Which ever you prefer!
Tips for making these carrots:
- If you have a larger air fryer like the one I use, you can easily double these recipes and make 2 lbs of carrots
- Feel free to add other spices to the carrots. Ground nutmeg or ginger would be great on the sweet version, while onion powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, paprika, turmeric or chili powder would kick the savoury carrots up a notch!
- The optional lemon dill dressing makes a thick dressing or dip. If you prefer a thinner version, add a little water before blending.
- You can use pretty much any oil you wish to make these carrots. My favourites are coconut oil (melted) and avocado oil.
- For the sweet carrots, instead of coconut sugar I have tried maple sugar and maple syrup and both work well.
- Note that the sweet carrots recipe is not Whole30 compliant, but the savoury carrots and the dressing are. Both recipes are gluten free, vegan and paleo.
Yes! Both of these recipes are vegan. Feel free to swap the avocado oil and coconut oil for other vegan friendly oils such as vegan butter.
The savoury carrots recipe is already Whole30 compliant. To make the sweet carrots compliant you would need to omit the sugar.
Yes! Both the sweet and savoury versions are paleo!
Want an air fryer but aren’t sure which one to get? I use and love the Chefman 6.3 Quart Air Fryer!
Other recipes you will love:
- Healthy Sloppy Joes
- Air Fryer Ribs
- Spaghetti Squash in the Air Fryer
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Easy Asian Coleslaw
- Dairy Free Spinach and Artichoke Dip
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Air Fryer Carrots
These air fryer carrots are simply the best! Whether you prefer sweet or savoury there is a version for everyone. They're easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Sweet Carrots Ingredients
Savoury Carrots Ingredients
Sweet Carrot Instructions
Peel and cut the carrots into ~1" sized pieces
Place the cut carrots in a bowl and add the other ingredients. Stir well until the carrots are coated evenly
Transfer the carrots to the tray of your air fryer. Turn your air fryer on to 380F and cook the carrots for 20-25 minutes, stirring the carrots once to ensure the sides cook evenly, until cooked to the consistency that you like
Serve and enjoy!
Savoury Carrot Instructions
Peel the carrots and cut them in half, and then cut the larger half in half again length wise so that the pieces are all around the same size
Transfer the carrots to a bowl and add the oil and spices, stirring well until coated evenly
Transfer the carrots to the tray of your air fryer. Turn the air fryer on to 380F and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the carrots are the texture you desire
Top with the optional lemon dill dressing or serve plain
Lemon Dill Dressing Instructions
Place all the ingredients into your Vitamix or food processor
Blend well until smooth
- The nutrition calculator takes into account the ingredients for both recipes plus the dressing so they will not be accurate
- Feel free to swap avocado oil for coconut oil
- Coconut sugar can be swapped with maple sugar or maple syrup
- If you like a thinner dressing, add a bit of water to the lemon dill dressing ingredients before blending
Pin this recipe for later: