Air fryer carrots are simply the best! So easy and simple to make with sweet and savoury versions you will love that they are made with simple ingredients from your pantry. These sliced cooked carrots make a delicious side dish that’s perfect anytime!
Why you will love this recipe:
- Whether you like sweet or savoury carrots I’ve included recipes for both! The sweet version has cinnamon and just a little sugar while the savoury version is salty with hints of spice from black pepper.
- I’ve included an optional lemon dill dressing recipe for you to enjoy with these air fryer carrots that takes the taste to the next level!
- These carrots in air fryer are so easy to make, use very little oil, and taste amazing!
- Because these carrots are so fast and easy to make they are perfect for meal prep or those busy weeknight meals
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Fresh carrots – the star of the show for this recipe, carrots are one of my favourite root veggies that are healthy and full of beneficial vitamins and minerals.
- Avocado oil or coconut oil – I’ve tested the recipe with both and either work! You could also use olive oil.
- Sea salt – no fancy seasonings here! A little salt is all you need.
- For the sweet carrots: ground cinnamon and coconut sugar – you could use brown sugar or maple sugar instead.
- For the savoury carrots: ground black pepper to add just a little spice to the carrots.
How to make this recipe:
To make the sweet carrots:
First, peel and cut the carrots into ~1 inch sized pieces
Next put the cut carrots into a bowl and add the other ingredients. Stir well until the carrots are coated evenly.
Transfer the carrots to the tray or basket of your air fryer. Turn your air fryer on to 380 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the carrots for 20-25 minutes, stirring the carrots once to ensure the sides cook evenly. Cook the carrots until they have the texture that you like.
To make the savoury carrots:
Peel the carrots and cut them in half, and then cut the larger half in half again length wise so that the pieces are all around the same size (see photo).
Transfer the cut carrots to a bowl and add the oil and spices, stirring well until the carrots are coated evenly.
Transfer the carrots to the tray or basket of your air fryer. Turn the air fryer on to 380 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the carrots are the texture you desire.
Top the cooked carrots with the optional lemon dill dressing or serve plain. Which ever you prefer!
- If you have a larger air fryer like the one I use, you can easily double these recipes and make 2 lbs of carrots.
- The optional lemon dill dressing makes a thick dressing or dip. If you prefer a thinner version, add a little water before blending.
- Note that the sweet carrots recipe is not Whole30 compliant, but the savoury carrots and the dressing are. Both recipes are gluten free, vegan and paleo.
Variations and add ins:
- Feel free to add other spices to the carrots. Ground nutmeg or ginger would be great on the sweet version, while onion powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, paprika, turmeric or chili powder would kick the savoury carrots up a notch!
- You can use pretty much any oil you wish to make these carrots. My favourites are coconut oil (melted) and avocado oil.
- For the sweet carrots, instead of coconut sugar I have tried maple sugar and maple syrup and both work well.
How to store:
Store any leftover roasted carrots in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Frequently asked questions:
Yes! Both of these air fry carrot recipes are vegan. Feel free to swap the avocado oil and coconut oil for other vegan friendly oils such as vegan butter.
The savoury carrots recipe is already Whole30 compliant. To make the sweet carrots compliant you would need to omit the sugar.
Yes! Both the sweet and savoury versions are paleo!
How long do you cook carrots in the air fryer?
When cooked at 380 degrees Fahrenheit, carrots take 20-30 minutes to cook in an air fryer, depending on the size of the carrots you are cooking.
Other recipes you will love:
- Healthy Sloppy Joes
- Air Fryer Ribs
- Spaghetti Squash in the Air Fryer
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Easy Asian Coleslaw
- Dairy Free Spinach and Artichoke Dip
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Air Fryer Carrots
These air fryer carrots are simply the best! Whether you prefer sweet or savoury there is a version for everyone. They're easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Sweet Carrots Ingredients
Savoury Carrots Ingredients
Sweet Carrot Instructions
Peel and cut the carrots into ~1" sized pieces.
Place the cut carrots in a bowl and add the other ingredients. Stir well until the carrots are coated evenly.
Transfer the carrots to the tray of your air fryer. Turn your air fryer on to 380F and cook the carrots for 20-25 minutes, stirring the carrots once to ensure the sides cook evenly, until cooked to the consistency that you like.
Serve and enjoy!
Savoury Carrot Instructions
Peel the carrots and cut them in half, and then cut the larger half in half again length wise so that the pieces are all around the same size.
Transfer the carrots to a bowl and add the oil and spices, stirring well until coated evenly.
Transfer the carrots to the tray of your air fryer. Turn the air fryer on to 380F and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the carrots are the texture you desire.
Top with the optional lemon dill dressing or serve plain.
Lemon Dill Dressing Instructions
Place all the ingredients into your Vitamix or food processor.
Blend well until smooth.
- The nutrition calculator takes into account the ingredients for both recipes plus the dressing so they will not be accurate.
- Feel free to swap avocado oil for coconut oil.
- Coconut sugar can be swapped with maple sugar or maple syrup.
- If you like a thinner dressing, add a bit of water to the lemon dill dressing ingredients before blending.
Pin this recipe for later: