This is the best Paleo Broccoli Salad. With a rich and creamy dressing and the perfect amount of crunch this salad is made with broccoli, red onion, almonds and fresh grapes. It’s great for summer picnics, barbecues and makes the perfect side dish. It’s also Whole30 and dairy-free!
Paleo Broccoli Salad Recipe
Why this is the best paleo broccoli salad:
- This broccoli salad is my new favourite side dish. It has the best creamy dressing and the combination of broccoli, fresh grapes and crunchy almonds blends perfectly.
- It is so easy to make using pantry staples and it also makes great leftovers.
- Besides being paleo, this salad is also Whole30 compliant, dairy free and healthy!
- It’s perfect for all your spring and summer picnics, barbecues and cookouts!
Key ingredients for making this Paleo Broccoli Salad:
- A paleo compliant mayonnaise – I love using my homemade mayonnaise for this recipe
- Dijon mustard – to give it just a little tang – this is my favourite kind that is paleo and Whole30 compliant
- Coconut vinegar and balsamic vinegar – the combination of these two vinegars makes the dressing taste so good!
- Fresh broccoli, red onion, grapes and slivered almonds – these all combine for a salad with the perfect amount of sweetness and crunch!
How to make this Paleo Broccoli Salad:
You will love how easy this recipe is to make!
First, put all the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl.
Mix the dressing in another bowl and then add it to the salad. Stir everything well so that the ingredients are evenly coated.
What to serve with this broccoli salad:
- This salad goes really well with burgers and I often pair them with my favourite pork burgers
- They make a great side dish for pork chops like my blueberry pork chops
- Pair them with ribs! These slow cooker ribs are my favourite
- This salad goes so well with my salt and pepper chicken wings!
- They also go great with steak, grilled chicken or fish!
Tips for making this broccoli salad:
- I think this salad tastes even better if you let it sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours (or overnight) before serving
- This salad makes great leftovers and can be kept in the fridge for up to a week after making
- For even more crunch add some cooked bacon bits!
- Instead of slivered almonds you could use pine nuts, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds instead
- If you prefer to blanche your broccoli when you make broccoli salad feel free to do so!
Frequently asked questions
Nope! For this broccoli salad there is no need to steam the broccoli, I just use raw broccoli but if you prefer you can also blanche it.
This broccoli salad keeps well in the fridge for up to a week after making it as long as you store it in an airtight container.
Other delicious recipes you will love:
- Dairy free ice cream bars
- Kale and Apple Salad
- Asian Coleslaw
- Easy Green Beans and Almonds
- Teriyaki Broccoli Stir Fry
- Paleo Potato Salad
- Walnut Dressing
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Paleo Broccoli Salad (Whole30, Dairy-free)
This paleo broccoli salad is just the best! It has a little sweetness from grapes, crunch from slivered almonds and a delicious dressing. It's also Whole30 and dairy-free.
- 2 heads broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sliced red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (or more to taste)
In a large bowl combine all the salad ingredients
In a separate bowl or jar, combine the dressing ingredients and stir them well until they are smooth
Add the dressing to the salad and stir everything well until combined
Optional: put the salad in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving to help the flavours become stronger and the broccoli to get more crisp
- This salad tastes even better if left in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving
- Store this salad in the fridge for up to a week after you make it
Pin this recipe for later: