Cooking a frozen burrito in an air fryer is the best way to cook burritos. The burritos turn out perfectly and are ready in just 15 minutes! With no need to thaw your burritos first, you will have a healthy, complete meal on the table in no time.
Why you will love this recipe:
- Air frying frozen burritos is the best way to cook frozen burritos.
- It's so easy! It only takes 15 minutes to cook a frozen burrito in air fryer.
- Burritos turn out perfectly when you cook them in an air fryer! Air fryer burritos are toasted on the outside, yet moist and tender on the inside.
- You can cook any type of frozen burrito in the air fryer: frozen breakfast burritos, beef burritos, El Monterey burritos, chicken burritos, bean burritos etc. This means it works for vegan, paleo and gluten-free diets.
- The clean-up is a breeze when you air fry frozen burritos.
- This cooking method works for all types of air fryers including Ninja Foodi, Ninja Air Fryer, Ninja Foodi Grill, Instant Vortex, Emeril Air Fryer, Cuisinart Air Fryer and Chefman Air Fryers.
- If you love air fryer cooking you will love to learn about the health benefits of air frying.
- Burritos - any type of frozen burrito will do. You can either use store-bought or homemade. In addition, you can cook frozen breakfast burritos, frozen beef burritos, frozen chicken burritos, frozen bean burritos, El Monterey burritos and more!
Taste and texture:
The taste will all depend on what type of burrito you choose to use. I personally love making bean and rice burritos which have a Mexican flavour to them but other delicious options include breakfast burritos, beef burritos or chicken burritos.
How to cook:
First, place the frozen burrito or frozen burritos on the tray or in the basket of your air fryer.
Then cook the burrito for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the burrito cool for a minute or two, then enjoy!
Chef's tips and tricks:
- Every model of air fryer is different so you may have to modify the cooking time depending on the model you are using.
- Depending on the size of the burritos you are cooking you may have to either increase or decrease the cooking time.
- If you pre-heat your air fryer, decrease 2-3 minutes from the burrito cooking time.
- If food tends to stick to your air fryer, give the burrito a quick spray with oil (I recommend avocado oil) before cooking them in the air fryer.
- If you are using a basket-style air fryer, be sure to flip the burritos halfway through cooking.
Variations and add ins:
- You can choose any variety or type of frozen burrito that you like for this recipe including El Montery frozen burritos, Amy's frozen burritos, Las Campanas burritos, Sweet Earth Breakfast burritos, Reds Chicken burritos.
- This cooking method also works for gluten free burritos.
How to serve:
- Serve the cooked burritos with a side of sour cream or salsa. In fact, they would pair perfectly with my Mango Habanero Salsa!
- I also love serving breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs or sausages.
- If you made beef burritos or chicken burritos, serve them with a side salad or chopped veggies.
- I also love pairing burritos with coleslaw.
- Pico De Gallo makes a great pairing for burritos.
How to store:
- Store any leftover cooked burritos in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 3 days. Then reheat them when you're ready to eat them.
- If you have leftover frozen burritos, put them back in the freezer and freeze until you are ready to cook them.
How to reheat:
To reheat a burrito in an air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 325° F. Then spray the trays or basket with a little cooking oil. Then cook the burritos for 5-7 minutes, flipping them half way through.
Frequently asked questions:
Air fryer frozen burrito time will vary slightly depending on the make and model of air fryer that you have as well as the type of burritos that you are cooking, but it generally takes about 15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit to cook frozen burritos in an air fryer.
This will depend on the model of air fryer that you have. I can cook up to eight burritos at a time in the air fryer that I use but some models are smaller and may only fit two to four burritos.
Yes! The cooking method described in this post will work for any type of frozen burrito, including breakfast burritos.
For this air fryer recipe you do not need to preheat your air fryer. If you do preheat it, subtract a few minutes of cooking time.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
- Frozen chicken tenders
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer French Fries
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Frozen Burrito in an Air Fryer
- 2 frozen burritos
- spray oil
- Place the frozen burrito or burritos onto the rack of your air fryer or into the basket.
- Cook the burritos for 15-18 minutes at 400F.
- If food tends to stick to your air fryer, give the frozen burrito(s) a spray with some oil before cooking them.
- The nutritional information here is based on an Amy's gluten free bean and rice burrito. The values will differ depending on the specific burritos that you use.
- Feel free to cook more or less burritos at a time.
- Cooking times will vary depending on the type of air fryer and burritos you are using.