Making air fryer toast is so easy! It only takes a few minutes and the bread turns out perfectly toasted every time. You can make everything from Texas toast in the air fryer to garlic toast in the air fryer. There are so many possibilities!
Why air fryer toast is the best:
- It’s so easy to make and the clean up is so simple
- The bread gets perfectly toasted in just a few minutes
- You can toast up to 8 pieces of bread at the same time
- There are tons of variations for toast in the air fryer including making Texas toast or garlic toast
What you need to toast bread in air fryer:
- An air fryer – this is the one I use and love
- Bread – either make your own or use store bought. Whichever you prefer.
Tips and variations for making toast in the air fryer:
- Don’t overlap the slices of bread when cooking or they won’t cook evenly
- If you use the lower rack the slices on that rack will take 1-2 extra minutes to toast
- Depending on the thickness of your bread you may have to adjust the cooking time
- Top it with a little garlic butter either before or after cooking to create garlic toast in the air fryer
- Turn this into Texas toast in the air fryer by coating the bread in garlic butter before cooking
- To make this toast gluten free be sure to use gluten free bread
- To make this toast paleo be sure to use paleo bread – this is my favourite paleo bread recipe
Topping ideas for air fryer toasted bread:
- Jam – I love using my blueberry chia seed jam on this toast
- Nut butters such as peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter
- My vegan mascarpone
- Turn it into avocado toast by adding some sliced avocado
Frequently asked questions:
Yes! It’s so easy to do. All you need to do is toast the bread at 400F for 4-5 minutes.
Other air fryer recipes and ideas you will love:
- Hash browns in the air fryer
- Popcorn in the air fryer
- Air fryer salmon patties with lemon dill aioli
- Potato wedges in the air fryer
Want an air fryer but aren’t sure which one to get? I use and love the Chefman 6.3 Quart Air Fryer!
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Air Fryer Toast
Making toast in the air fryer is the best. It's so easy to make and is ready in just a few minutes. It turns out evenly toasted and the clean up is so simple.
- 4 slices bread
- spray oil
Place the pieces of bread on the tray of your air fryer and cook at 400F for 4-6 minutes, until toasted
If food tends to stick to your air fryer trays, give the tray a quick spray with an oil such as coconut oil or avocado oil before cooking
- Don’t overlap the pieces of bread when cooking or they won’t toast evenly
- To make 8 pieces of toast: use both trays of your air fryer and place 4 pieces of bread on each tray
- To make garlic toast or Texas toast coat the bread in garlic butter before toasting
Pin this post for later: