Paleo chili with blueberries is the ultimate in comfort food. This chili is packed with flavour and loaded with vegetables and is so healthy. Because it’s made in the slow cooker or crockpot this chili with blueberries is also really easy to make.
I am so excited to share this week’s recipe with you guys. Paleo Chili with Blueberries. Yes blueberries! Am I a genius or what? Okay, maybe don’t answer that question, but I was trying to think of something that would resemble black beans, without actually having the gut aggravating effects that beans do. And blueberries were the perfect solution!
The blueberries give this chili a little something special. I really do think you are going to love it. You are going to love it even more when you realize how easy this chili is to make because it’s done in the slow cooker or crockpot. Basically throw all the ingredients in there and let your slow cooker or Crockpot work it’s magic. Easy peasy.
Paleo Chili with Blueberries
Why this paleo chili with blueberries is so good:
- It’s loaded with so many healthy ingredients. Ingredients like grass fed ground beef, bone broth, four different kinds of vegetables plus blueberries.
- It tastes amazing!
- It’s so simple and easy to make in either your slow cooker, Crockpot or Instant Pot
- It doesn’t require any fancy or hard to find ingredients
- It’s gluten free, dairy free and safe for paleo, Whole30 and keto diets
How To Make Paleo Chili with Blueberries:
First you are going to cook the grass fed ground beef. Place a medium pan on the stove on medium heat and add the 2 TBSP of cooking fat. Allow the fat to melt and then add the beef to the pan. Cook the beef until it is browned and no longer pink.
While the beef is cooking, chop all the vegetables and add them, along with all of the other ingredients to your slow cooker or Crockpot. Then when the beef is done, transfer it, along with the fat it was cooked in to the slow cooker or Crock Pot and stir the ingredients well to combine.
Then turn the slow cooker or Crockpot onto low heat and cook the paleo chili for 8 hours.
Then serve and enjoy! I love topping this chili with chopped cilantro and avocado.
What to serve with this healthy chili:
- Cornbread! Chili and cornbread are made for each other – these Cornbread Muffins are my favorite
- A side salad
- Sweet potato fries
- Potato wedges
Frequently asked questions:
Is this chili Whole30 compliant?
YES! It’s also safe if you are on the GAPS or SCD diets as well. There is just one modification that needs to be made if you are on the SCD diet (see the recipe instructions).
Do you have to cook the ground beef before putting it in the slow cooker or Crockpot?
No you don’t. It just tastes better this way. You won’t get the same browned result if you simply throw it in the slow cooker. But if you are really pressed for time and want to skip the browning step you can. Just add the ground beef to the slow cooker or Crockpot along with all the other ingredients.
Can you make this paleo chili in the Instant Pot?
Yes! To make this chili in the Instant Pot follow these directions:
- Turn your Instant Pot on to the sauté function
- Add the cooking fat, tomatoes and ground beef to the Instant Pot and sauté until the meat is browned and the tomatoes are tender
- Add the chopped celery, carrots, and bell pepper and sauté for a few more minutes, until the vegetables start to become tender
- Add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir them well to combine
- Turn the Instant Pot to the chili function and cook for 18 minutes. Allow the pressure to release for 10-15 minutes or quick release with the vent
- Serve and enjoy!
Other Recipes You Will Love:
- Easy Stuffed Peppers
- Orange Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- Three Meat Raspberry Chili
- Texas Slow Cooker Beef Chili
- Burrito Bowls
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Paleo Chili with Blueberries (Whole30, GAPS, SCD)
Bursting with flavour and loaded with vegetables this chili is a meal that your whole family will love.
- 2 tbsp cooking fat of choice (coconut oil, ghee, bacon fat are all great options)
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 5 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 3 sweet bell peppers, chopped (I used one yellow, one orange and one red)
- 1 tbsp organic cacao powder (omit for SCD)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (use pure chili powder, not a mixed spice chili powder)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Place a medium sized pan on the stove on medium heat
Add the cooking fat and allow to melt
Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until browned, breaking the meat apart as it cooks
While the beef is cooking chop the vegetables and add all the other ingredients into your slow cooker
Transfer the beef to the slow cooker (buy here) and mix all the ingredients well
Cook on low heat for 8 hours
Serve and enjoy!
- If you find this a little spicy simply add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of full fat coconut milk (as needed based on your tolerance)
- Optional topping ideas: Chopped avocado and cilantro
- Store this chili in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days
Pin this recipe for later: