This Keto Meatloaf with Blueberries is the ultimate in comfort food. Easy and simple to make, this variation of a classic meatloaf is low carb and made without bread crumbs and with no added sugar. It’s naturally gluten free, dairy free, grain free and perfect for Whole30 and paleo diets.
Do you like meatloaf? I was one of those crazy kids that loved meatloaf growing up. My sister on the other hand hated it so we didn’t eat it very often in my house. I hadn’t made meatloaf in years until I came up with this Keto Meatloaf with Blueberries. But now I’m obsessed!
This keto meatloaf with blueberries is such an easy dinner solution. It’s pretty far from a classic meatloaf as it doesn’t contain any bread crumbs and it’s gluten free and is sweetened naturally with blueberries (yes you read that right) but it really is the ultimate in comfort food. This meatloaf is so good that you might even want to eat it for breakfast!
Why this Keto Meatloaf with blueberries is so good:
- It’s so simple and easy to make! It doesn’t contain any hard to find ingredients and comes together in just a couple minutes.
- It doesn’t contain any bread and is made without bread crumbs so it’s naturally gluten free and low carb or keto.
- It has such an amazing flavour and is the perfect dinner comfort food.
- It’s safe for many different diets including paleo, Whole30, SCD, GAPS, low carb or keto, and the SIBO diet.
- It tastes so good you can even eat this meatloaf for breakfast!
What makes this keto meatloaf with blueberries healthy?
- It’s made with grass fed ground beef. Did you know that grass fed beef is one of the healthiest foods on the planet? Loaded with vitamins and minerals and high in omega 3 fatty acids you shouldn’t be scared of eating grass fed beef (note that grass fed beef is very different than the beef that comes from factory farmed animals which is very unhealthy, and not to mention so cruel to the animals).
- It’s naturally gluten free and grain free since it uses almond flour as a binder.
- It’s sweetened naturally with blueberries and contains no added sugars and no ketchup! It also only has 3.4 grams of carbs per serving (assuming you get 8 servings from the loaf).
- It’s safe for many different diets including paleo, Whole30, SCD, GAPS, the SIBO diet and low carb or keto.
- It’s made without ketchup or bread crumbs!
How to make this keto meatloaf with blueberries:
This meatloaf is very easy and simple to make.
First, turn your oven on to 350F.
Next puree the blueberries by putting them into your Vitamix blender or food processor and blending well until they are smooth (you want 2/3 cup of pureed blueberries).
Then place all the ingredients into a large bowl and stir well until everything is smooth and blended together.
Now line a bread pan with parchment paper.
Then transfer the mixture to the lined bread pan and spread evenly with a spoon or knife until you have an even layer.
Then place the pan in the oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes, until the beef is cooked through.
Take the meatloaf out of the oven and top with optional barbecue sauce.
Then serve and enjoy!
Commonly asked questions about keto meatloaf with blueberries:
- What can I substitute for bread in meatloaf? Almond flour! That’s what is used in this recipe to make it naturally gluten, grain free and low carb.
- Is this meatloaf gluten free? Yes! So if you have celiac or are gluten intolerant you will have no problems eating it.
- What is the carbohydrate count for this meatloaf? This will depend on your portion sizes, but if you get 8 servings from this meatloaf that equals 3.4 grams per serving. If you get 6 servings out of it that would equal 4.5 grams per serving. If you add BBQ on top make sure you account for those extra carbohydrates as well.
My favourite paleo and Whole30 barbecue sauces that you can use to top this keto meatloaf with blueberries
(just be sure to account for them in your macro counting):
- My Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Good Food For Good Barbecue Sauce
- Primal Kitchen Classic Barbecue Sauce
- Tessemae’s Organic BBQ Sauce
Other recipes you will love:
- Blueberry Lemonade with Mint
- Bacon and Vegetable Egg Casserole
- Paleo BBQ Sauce
- Carrot Dip with Chilis
- Whole30 Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
Keto Meatloaf with Blueberries (Whole30, paleo, SCD, GAPS, SIBO diet)
Keto Meatloaf with Blueberries is a twist on a classic comfort food that tastes amazing. Gluten free and made without bread crumbs it's low carb, paleo and Whole30 safe!
- BBS sauce for serving (you can either make your own or choose from one of my suggested brands which are Whole30 and paleo compliant)
Preheat your oven to 350F
Puree the blueberries in a food processor or blender
Add all the ingredients to a large bowl
Mix well with a spoon to combine the ingredients well
Line a bread pan with parchment paper
Transfer the ingredients from the bowl to the pan and spread evely with a spoon or knife
Bake the meatloaf for 50 minutes
Remove from the oven and spread the optional BBQ sauce on top of the loaf (if using)
Let the loaf cool for 5-10 minutes
Serve and enjoy!
- This meatloaf stores well in the fridge and makes great leftovers.
- Feel free to sub the green onion for chopped white onion (as long as you are not on the SIBO diet).
- If you add BBQ sauce when you serve this meatloaf make sure you account for those extra carbohydrates in your carbohydrate counts.
Pin this recipe for later: