These paleo cornbread muffins are the best! Perfectly crumbly and slightly sweet like regular cornbread, just without the corn! They are so easy to make and use almond flour, coconut flour and nutritional yeast. They are the perfect pairing for stews, soups, chilis and more. They’re also gluten free and dairy free.
Why these are the best paleo cornbread muffins:
- They have the perfect cornbread texture! They taste just like classic cornbread and are so soft and crumbly you’d never guess these were made without corn
- They are really easy to make and also freeze really well
- They go well with so many dishes including soups, stews, chilis etc
Note: This recipe was originally published February 26, 2018. The post was updated September 17, 2020, but the recipe has not been altered.
Key ingredients and equipment for these paleo cornbread muffins:
- A muffin pan
- Parchment paper muffins liners – to help prevent the muffins from sticking, and to prevent your food from touching the non-stick coating of your pan (to learn more about why this is so important please read this post)
- Almond flour – one of my favourite gluten free flours!
- Coconut flour – this is the brand I use and love
- Nutritional yeast – this gives these muffins the best flavour!
- Coconut oil – this is my favourite brand
- Coconut milk – Make sure you use full fat and not low fat
- Eggs – keep these at room temperature to help the muffins rise
- Honey or maple syrup
Tips for these muffins:
- Having your eggs at room temperature helps these muffins rise
- I have not tried making this recipe without eggs and don’t think it would work without them
- I do not recommend trying any flour substitutions. I have not made these muffins with any other flours and cannot guarantee they would work out.
- Make sure you use full fat coconut milk and not light coconut milk for these muffins
- Allow these muffins to cool before eating them, otherwise they will be extra crumbly
- These muffins freeze really well
What to eat these muffins with:
- My slow cooker chili with blueberries (yes, trust me!)
- My Three Meat Raspberry Chili
- Packed Vegetable Chili
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup
Frequently asked questions:
- Can I omit the eggs? I have not tested this recipe without eggs and don’t think they would work out.
- Can I replace the coconut flour with almond flour? Definitely not! They won’t work out.
- Can I replace the almond flour with coconut flour? No! You would need to add more eggs and more liquid to make this work.
Other paleo baking recipes you will love:
- Paleo Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate
- Paleo Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- The Best Paleo Bread
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Paleo Cornbread Muffins (gluten free, dairy free)
These are the best paleo cornbread muffins! They are slightly sweet and just a little crumbly like traditional cornbread. Perfect for pairing with soups, stews and chilis!
Preheat your oven to 350F
In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients together
Add the wet ingredients and stir well to combine
Line a muffin tray with silicone or parchment paper muffin cups and spoon the batter into each muffin cup, until 3/4 full
Place the tray in the oven and bake for 19-22 minutes (until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean)
Remove from oven and let cool until room temperature (I actually prefer to let these sit out overnight before eating them so that they are more crumbly)
Serve and enjoy!
- Let these muffins cool before eating them
- These muffins freeze really well
- I don't recommend trying any flour substitutions