These Whole30 Stuffed Peppers are such a delicious comfort food meal. They’re bursting with Mexican inspired flavour and they’re surprisingly so easy to make. They’re made with cauliflower rice, canned tomatoes, and also ground beef to keep them healthy, gluten free and paleo. Perfect for dinners the whole family will love.
Whole30 Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Why These Whole30 Stuffed Peppers Are So Good:
- The taste! They are bursting with Mexican inspired flavour! The combination of ground beef, diced tomatoes, spices and cauliflower rice is just perfect.
- They are really easy to make and also don’t require any complicated or hard to find ingredients
- They also make great leftovers and are perfect for meal prep
- They are filled with healthy ingredients like ground beef, vegetables, and cauliflower rice and are naturally gluten free, dairy free and paleo too!
Key ingredients for these paleo stuffed peppers:
- Sweet bell peppers – you can use any color of pepper that you like
- Ground beef – you could easily make these with ground chicken or ground turkey too!
- Canned chopped or canned diced tomatoes
- Cauliflower rice – to keep these stuffed peppers grain and gluten free!
- Spices – the combination of oregano, cumin, salt and pepper combine to give this recipe a fun Mexican flavour
Tips for making these healthy stuffed peppers:
- Be sure to remove all the seeds and membranes from the peppers or else you could end up with some unexpected crunch!
- Be sure to remove all the water from the baking dish and the peppers before you stuff the peppers with the cauliflower rice mixture or they will turn out soggy
- Store these stuffed peppers in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days
Variations On These Whole30 Stuffed Peppers:
- Instead of ground beef you could also use either ground chicken or ground turkey for these stuffed peppers
- You can use canned diced tomatoes or canned chopped tomatoes to make this recipe
- Instead of frozen cauliflower rice you could also rice your own cauliflower
- Instead of coconut oil you could also use olive oil or ghee to cook the onion and ground beef
Topping ideas for these stuffed peppers:
- Top them with my Simple Mango Salsa or my Mango Habanero Salsa
- Top them with my Avocado Crème
- Top them with my Dairy Free Sour Cream
- Top them with guacamole – In fact, this is my favourite homemade guacamole recipe!
- Top with fresh cilantro or green onion
Other recipes you will love:
- Whole30 Sloppy Joes
- Healthy Meat Sauce
- Whole30 Slow Cooker Chili with Blueberries
- Whole30 Mango Chicken Curry
- Beef and Blueberry Burrito Bowls
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And also don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Whole30 Stuffed Peppers
Packed with flavour and easy to make these Whole30 stuffed peppers make the perfect weeknight meal.
- 8 bell peppers
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes (total of 796 mL)
- 1 package frozen cauliflower rice (340 grams)
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt plus a little more for seasoning the peppers
- 1 tsp ground black pepper plus a little more for seasoning the peppers
Preheat your oven to 400F. Cut the tops off of the peppers and scoop out the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers cut side down in a baking dish with 1/2 inch of water. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
While the peppers are baking, place a large pan on the stove on medium heat. Add the coconut oil and allow it to melt. Once melted add the chopped onion and cook until translucent.
Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until browned
Add the remaining ingredients and cook together for 5-10 minutes, stirring regularly to break apart the cauliflower rice until it is mixed in.
Once the peppers have finished baking, remove the peppers and dump out any remaining water in the pan and the peppers. Fill each pepper with the filling and place them back into the casserole dish (cut side up). Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for another 10-15 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to top these peppers with whatever you like. Great options include fresh salsa, cilantro or red pepper!
- Store these in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Pin this recipe for later: