Vegan Cauliflower Soup. The ultimate in comfort food! This vegan cauliflower soup is creamy and delicious. It’s dairy free and also great for the paleo and Whole30 diets. You will also love how easy this vegan cauliflower soup is to make.
Creamy vegan cauliflower soup. Is there anything more perfect for a cold day? We have been dealing with -30 temperatures for over a month now and needless to say I have been craving ALL the comfort food. Soups, stews, curries and chilis. I can’t get enough of any of them. And this vegan cauliflower soup has been a regular in our comfort food rotation around here. I mean honestly Mother Nature, could you give us a break? We are all starting to get just a little stir crazy. There is only so much Netflix we can watch…
So I have a small confession to make: I don’t love cauliflower. At least not on it’s own. As a paleo and Whole30 food blogger it feels like a sin to admit something like this, but it’s true. I find cauliflower just plain boring. I also hate the smell. So I have been on a mission lately to come up with creative ways to use this amazing vegetable, and this vegan cauliflower soup is the result of one of those experiments. Growing up I loved any kind of creamy soup. I would top it with crumbled Saltine Crackers and eat bowl after bowl. My mouth is watering even thinking of it now. And even though I would no longer touch a Saltine Cracker if my life depended on it, that doesn’t mean I still don’t love a good creamy soup. Instead, I now top my creamy soups with Simple Mills Almond Flour Sea Salt Crackers.
What makes this vegan cauliflower soup so good:
- It is so creamy and delicious!
- This paleo cauliflower soup is really easy to make
- It is so healthy!
- It’s safe for the paleo diet and Whole30 diet
- It doesn’t require any complicated or hard to find ingredients
Why this vegan cauliflower soup is healthy:
- It’s made without any dairy and instead uses coconut oil and coconut milk which are filled healthy medium chain fatty acids and other vitamins and minerals.
- It has an entire head of cauliflower in it! Cauliflower has many amazing health benefits including: cancer fighting properties; can improve blood pressure and kidney function; is anti-inflammatory; contains many vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, vitamin K, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and manganese; helps support your bodies’ detoxification processes; and contains a number of antioxidants.
- It uses nutritional yeast which is a source of complete protein and many different vitamins including B-complex vitamins, folate, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, selenium and zinc.
How to make vegan cauliflower soup:
You are going to love me for how easy this paleo cauliflower soup is to make. First put a large pot on the stove and turn the burner onto medium heat. Add the coconut oil and allow it to melt, then add the minced garlic and cook it for a couple minutes until it’s browned. Next add the broth, coconut milk, cauliflower and spices and stir everything well to combine. Bring the ingredients to a boil, then turn down the heat and let the ingredients simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower florets are tender. Let the soup cool for a few minutes and then using your immersion blender blend the soup until it is smooth. Next stir in the nutritional yeast. Then serve and enjoy!
Pin this vegan cauliflower soup recipe for later:
Topping ideas for this vegan cauliflower soup:
- Sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Simple Mills Sea Salt Crackers
- Fresh parsley or cilantro
- Add cooked chicken to make this a complete meal (omit if you are vegan, but safe for both paleo and Whole30 diets)
Frequently asked questions:
- Is this soup Whole30 compliant? It sure is! Again, I could have called it Whole30 Cauliflower Soup but vegan cauliflower soup was better for SEO so I chose the other name.
- Is this vegan cauliflower soup paleo? Yes it is! I actually considered naming it paleo cauliflower soup, but vegan cauliflower soup was better for SEO purposes so that title won.
- Where can I buy bone broth? Making bone broth yourself is actually really easy, but if you prefer to buy it I highly recommend getting it from Kettle and Fire. You can check out their site bu clicking here. Or if you are in Calgary and want to support someone local, High Vibe Bone Broth is an amazing option.
Other vegan recipes you will love:
- Paleo Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Whole30 Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- Whole30 Curry Butternut Squash Soup
- Whole30 Cilantro Lime Dressing
Vegan Cauliflower Soup (Paleo, Whole30, Dairy Free)
This vegan cauliflower soup is so creamy and delicious! It's dairy free and both paleo and Whole30 compliant. You will love how easy it is to make.
Place a large pot on the stove on medium heat
Add the coconut oil and allow to melt for 1-2 minutes
Add the minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minute (until browned)
Add the bone broth or vegetable broth and coconut milk and stir well to combine
Add the cauliflower florets and spices and stir well to combine
Bring the soup to a low boil and then turn down the heat and let it simmer for ~30 minutes (until the cauliflower is tender)
Turn off the heat and let the soup cool for a few minutes
Using your immersion blender, blend well until smooth
Stir in the nutritional yeast
Serve and enjoy!
Note: Be sure to use vegetable broth if you are vegan.
Optional topping ideas: pumpkin seeds, paprika, cilantro