Spanish cauliflower rice with shrimp is such an easy, delicious weeknight meal. Ready in under 30 minutes this Mexican inspired dish is naturally low in carbs and is paleo, Whole30 and keto compliant! It’s also full of vegetables and packed with flavour.
Why this Spanish Cauliflower Rice with Shrimp is so good:
- It’s got the best Mexican inspired flavour
- It’s really easy to make and is ready in less than 30 minutes
- It’s low in carbs and paleo, Whole30 and keto compliant
- It makes great leftovers and stays good in the fridge for days after it’s made
- You can make this recipe with either fresh or frozen cauliflower rice!
- It’s very versatile! If you don’t like shrimp feel free to leave it out or to substitute it with chicken
- You can make it vegan by simply leaving out the shrimp!
Variations on this Spanish Cauliflower Rice with Shrimp:
- Simply leave the shrimp out to make it a vegan or vegetarian dish
- Instead of shrimp you could add chicken or pork instead
- Feel free to add other vegetables such as chopped peppers or celery
- Top this dish with cilantro, chopped green onion or avocado
Frequently Asked Questions About This Spanish Cauliflower Rice with Shrimp
- Can I use frozen cauliflower rice? Yes! You can use either fresh or frozen cauliflower rice to make this dish. You will just have to sauté the frozen cauliflower rice a little longer to remove the excess liquid.
- Can I leave the shrimp out? Absolutely. This dish tastes great with or without the shrimp.
- What if I don’t like shrimp? Feel free to substitute it with 1-2 finely chopped chicken breasts. You will just need to cook the chicken slightly longer than the shrimp before adding it to the rice.
- Does this dish make good leftovers? Yes! It keeps really well in the fridge for a few days after it’s made.
Other recipes you will love:
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Whole30 Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli
- Beef Curry Stew
- Whole30 and Paleo Sloppy Joes
- Whole30 Potato Salad
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Spanish Cauliflower Rice with Shrimp (Whole30, Keto, Paleo)
This Spanish Cauliflower Rice is a tasty mexican inspired meal that is so easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. It's also Whole30, paleo and low carb.
Spanish Cauliflower Rice Ingredients
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or avocado oil
- juice from one fresh lime
- 300 grams cooked and peeled wild shrimp (I used frozen and thawed it before hand)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Place a large pan on the stove on medium heat and add the oil. Once the oil is melted add the chopped onion and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the onion is translucent
Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste and spices to the pan and let cook for another 3-5 minutes
Add the cauliflower rice and stir well to combine. Cook for an additional 7-10 minutes, until it has the consistency that you desire
While the rice is simmering you can cook the shrimp by placing a small pan on the stove on low heat and adding all the ingredients. Cook the shrimp for a 3-5 minutes, until warmed throughout
Transfer the shrimp to the pan with the rice and stir to combine. Remove everything from the heat and serve and enjoy!
- This cauliflower rice makes great leftovers and keeps well in the fridge for days
- You can top this rice with cilantro, avocado or chopped green onion
- To make this dish vegan leave the shrimp out
- You can use either fresh or frozen riced cauliflower to make this recipe
Pin this recipe for later: