This Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup is so rich and creamy! This easy, healthy soup is packed with flavour and could not be simpler to make. It’s ready to devour in just 10 minutes. Made with coconut milk, broth, and cashews to give it a smooth and creamy texture this cauliflower soup is also dairy free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
Why you will love this recipe:
- This healthy Instant pot cauliflower soup is done in just 10 minutes! Perfect for those days when you are craving a big bowl of soup but you’re short on time.
- It is SO easy to make! All you have to do is chop the cauliflower, throw the ingredients in your Instant Pot, cook on high pressure for 10 minutes and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Anyone could make this cauliflower soup!
- It has an undeniably creamy texture because of the coconut milk and cashews. Believe it or not, cashews are key to achieving the perfect amount of creaminess!
- This recipe is perfect for meal prep. You could store this cauliflower soup in the fridge for up to 5 days! It also freezes really well.
- It has less sodium and is healthier than canned soup. This creamy soup recipe is a much healthier alternative and it tastes a lot more fresh! It’s also made with no cream cheese to keep it dairy free.
- Not only is this cauliflower soup delicious but it’s also dairy free, vegan, vegetarian, paleo and Whole30 compliant!
INGREDIENTS AND EQUIPMENT:
- An Instant Pot – this is the one I use and love!
- An immersion blender – you will use this to blend the soup and make it silky smooth.
- A fresh head of cauliflower – cauliflower is a healthy vegetable that leads to the most delicious, creamy soup when blended with cashews and milk.
- Onion and garlic to add flavour and aroma.
- Coconut milk and cashews – This dynamic duo gives the soup a beautiful creaminess while keeping this recipe dairy free and vegetarian.
- Broth of choice – I would go with chicken or vegetable broth for this recipe but any broth that you like will do.
- Spices – sea salt, ground black pepper and ground cumin are all you need to season this delicious soup.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
First you will chop your cauliflower up into florets.
Then add all of the ingredients to the bowl of the Instant Pot.
Now seal the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
Last, release the pressure and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until nice and smooth. Then serve and enjoy!
- Store this soup in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- This soup freezes really well. When you’re ready to eat it, just thaw the soup in a pot on the stovetop.
- You could easily double this recipe if you are serving a crowd.
VARIATIONS AND ADD INS:
- Instead of garlic cloves you can sub with 1 tsp garlic infused olive oil.
- If you prefer a thinner soup, just add some more coconut milk or broth.
- If you eat dairy: top this soup with some shredded cheese or a little sour cream to give it even more flavour.
- To make this soup vegan: be sure to use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- To turn it into a complete meal add some cooked chicken, beef, tofu or more vegetables.
- Serve this soup with your favourite salad or these Paleo Cornbread Muffins.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Why do you add the cashews to this soup recipe?
It makes the soup extra creamy! I tried the recipe without the cashews and it just isn’t the same.
If you don’t have an immersion blender you can definitely use whatever blender you have. I recommend using a glass or stainless steal blender but if you are using a plastic blender, let the soup cool completely before blending (if you put hot soup in a plastic blender the plastic will leach hormone disruptors into your food which you don’t want!).
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
- Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- Dairy Free Rice Pudding
- Vegan Pumpkin Risotto
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
This Instant Pot Cauliflower soup is the perfect comfort food. So creamy and rich you will love how easy it is to make.
Chop the cauliflower into florets and add it to the bowl of your Instant Pot
Add the remaining ingredients to the pot. Seal the Instant Pot and cook the soup on high pressure for 10 minutes.
You can either do quick pressure release or allow the pressure to release naturally. Once the pressure is released, use your immersion blender and blend the soup until smooth
- Store this soup in the fridge for up to 5 days
- The calorie and macro counts will vary depending on what type of vegetable broth or chicken broth that you use
Pin this recipe for later: