This is the best Instant Pot cauliflower soup recipe. This soup is quick and easy to make and is ready in just 10 minutes! This healthy soup is packed with flavour and is made with coconut milk, broth and cashews to give it a delicious smooth and creamy texture.
Why you will love this recipe:
- This healthy Instant Pot cauliflower soup is so quick and easy to make and is ready in just 10 minutes!
- This homemade soup tastes amazing! It is so rich and creamy with a perfect smooth texture.
- This cream of cauliflower soup is made with simple pantry staple ingredients including coconut milk and cashews.
- It freezes really well so it is perfect for meal prep.
- It has less sodium and is healthier than canned soup. This creamy soup recipe is a much healthier alternative and it tastes a lot more fresh!
- It's made with no butter, no cheese, no cream, no yogurt, and no cream cheese to keep it dairy free.
- Not only is this cauliflower soup delicious but it's also vegan, sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, paleo and Whole30 compliant!
- If you don't have an Instant Pot I've included stovetop directions for you to use too!
If you love soups you will also love my simple cherry tomato soup.
Taste and texture:
This cauliflower soup is smooth, rich, thick and creamy. It has the most amazing flavour and the coconut milk and cashews add a bit of natural sweetness to help balance out the cauliflower. This soup is mild and not spicy and is so good that kids love it too.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Cauliflower - cauliflower is a healthy vegetable that leads to the most delicious, creamy soup. I recommend using fresh cauliflower rather than frozen cauliflower for this recipe if possible.
- Onion and garlic - these are used to add the most delicious flavour and aroma to this easy cauliflower soup.
- Coconut milk - coconut milk is used to give this soup the most rich and creamy texture. I recommend using full fat coconut milk rather than low fat coconut milk to make this soup. Low fat coconut milk is more watery and doesn't give the soup that thick, creamy texture which you are aiming for. Instead of coconut milk you could use another milk such as cashew milk, almond milk, oat milk or dairy milk.
- Cashews - You might wonder why there are cashews in the soup recipe, but when cashews and coconut milk are blended together they give soup the most rich and creamy texture while keeping it dairy free and vegan.
- Broth of choice - I recommend using chicken broth or vegetable broth for this soup recipe but any broth that you like will do.
- Spices - sea salt, ground black pepper and ground cumin are all you need to season this delicious pressure cooker cauliflower soup.
How to make this recipe:
First you will chop your cauliflower up into florets and add them to the bowl of your Instant Pot.
Then add all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl of your Instant Pot.
Now seal the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
Last, release the pressure and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until nice and smooth. Then serve and enjoy!
To make on the stovetop:
First, add all the ingredients to a large pot on medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
Then turn down the heat and let the soup simmer for ~25 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
Now turn off the heat and use your immersion blender to blend the soup until it's smooth. Then enjoy!
- This soup freezes really well. When you're ready to eat it, just thaw the soup in a pot on the stovetop.
- You could easily double this recipe if you are serving a crowd.
Variations and add ins:
- Instead of garlic cloves you can sub with 1 teaspoon garlic infused olive oil.
- If you prefer a thinner soup, just add some more coconut milk or broth.
- If you eat dairy: top this soup with some shredded cheese to make it into instant pot cauliflower cheese soup or a little sour cream to give it even more flavour.
- To make this soup vegan: be sure to use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Serve this soup with your favourite salad or these Paleo Cornbread Muffins.
How to serve:
This soup is best served when it is warm. It is delicious as is but you could also top it with nuts or seeds to give it a little more texture. You could also turn it into a complete meal by adding cooked chicken, ground beef, tofu or turkey.
How to store:
Store any leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This soup also freezes really well for up to 3 months.
Frequently asked questions:
The cashews help make this soup extra creamy! I tried the recipe without the cashews and it just isn't the same.
Cauliflower soup can taste bitter if you don't add enough ingredients that contrast the bitter flavour of cauliflower. Adding ingredients such as broth and coconut milk will add sweetness to cauliflower soup that will balance out the bitter taste of the cauliflower.
Adding cashews and blending them into cauliflower soup is an easy way to thicken it. Cashews also add a natural sweetness to cauliflower soup giving it a rich and creamy flavour and texture.
Cauliflower soup will be grainy if you do not blend it enough. Be sure to fully blend it with an immersion blender or in your high speed blender until it's smooth and no chunks remain.
If you don’t have an immersion blender you can definitely use whatever blender you have.
Although I recommend using coconut milk, you could use a different type of milk in this cauliflower soup recipe. Try almond, soy, oat, or cashew milk if you are dairy free but if you eat dairy you could use dairy milk.
No it is not. This soup has 15 carbs per serving with 3 grams of fiber giving it a net carb count of 12 carbs per serving. This means that this cauliflower soup is not keto or low carb.
Other recipes you will love:
- Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- Dairy Free Rice Pudding
- Vegan Pumpkin Risotto
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Vegan Cauliflower Soup
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower (~2.5 lbs)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (more or less to taste)
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and add it to the bowl of your Instant Pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot. Seal the Instant Pot and cook the soup on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- You can either do quick pressure release or allow the pressure to release naturally. Once the pressure is released, use your immersion blender and blend the soup until smooth.
- Then serve and enjoy!
- Store this soup in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- The calorie and macro counts will vary depending on what type of vegetable broth or chicken broth that you use.