This paleo cauliflower fried rice is a tastier version of plain cauliflower rice. This caulirice recipe is full of flavour and is so easy to make. It's filled with veggies like broccoli, peppers, carrots and green onion so this healthy vegetable dish is nice and filling.
Why you will love this recipe:
- It has so much flavour! I find regular cauliflower rice so boring, but not this cauliflower fried rice recipe!
- This gobi fried rice is healthy, made with real food ingredients and is naturally gluten free, paleo, Whole30, keto, vegan and low carb.
- It's full of vegetables including carrots, broccoli, and green onion.
- It's simple and easy to make.
- It makes great leftovers and is great for meal prep.
- It's made in one pan so the clean up is so simple.
- The stir fry sauce on this cauliflower rice has the most incredible flavour!
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Riced cauliflower - this is what is used to make cauliflower rice. You can either use store bought riced cauliflower, or make your own by adding chopped cauliflower florets to your food processor and blending until you have rice sized pieces. I don't recommend using frozen cauliflower rice for this recipe.
- Fresh vegetables - I add broccoli, carrots and green onion but you could easily change up the vegetables in this dish to give it the flavour you prefer.
- Garlic and ginger - these both add incredible flavour to the sauce that's used in this recipe.
- Coconut aminos - this is the base of the delicious sauce on this recipe. This could be swapped for soy sauce too.
How to make this recipe:
First, place a large pan or wok on the stove on medium heat.
Next add the coconut oil in a large pan and allow it to melt. Then, add the broccoli, carrots, peppers and green onion to the pan and cook them for approximately 10 minutes, until the vegetables are the consistency you desire.
While the vegetables are cooking, mix the sauce ingredients together in a glass measuring cup or bowl.
Then add the cauliflower rice (riced cauliflower) and the sauce to the pan and stir everything well to combine. Cook for another 15-20 minutes until the sauce is absorbed and the cauliflower rice is tender.
Tips and variations:
- For some added crunch, add some chopped nuts such as cashews, pecans or walnuts.
- Substitute white or yellow onion for the green onion.
- Top the rice with some fresh cilantro for a fun flavour variation.
- Top with extra chopped green onion or chives.
- Add cooked chicken, pork, beef or shrimp to make it a complete meal.
- Add a little fish sauce for even more flavour.
How to store:
Store this healthy cauliflower fried rice in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Frequently asked questions:
Absolutely! Cauliflower is a very healthy cruciferous vegetable that is high in fiber, vitamins C, K and B6, and potassium. Cauliflower rice is also a great alternative to regular rice and is vegan, low in carbs, keto, gluten free, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
Yes! To keep it keto and low carb just don't add the optional honey to the sauce.
The calorie count of cauliflower fried rice will vary depending on the recipe, but this cauliflower fried rice recipe has 267 calories per serving.
Cauliflower rice taste likes cooked cauliflower, unless you add seasonings to it. If you add seasoning or sauce, cauliflower rice will take on a different flavour. You can give it an Asian flavour, Indian flavour, Thai flavour or any other flavour you prefer.
No it doesn't. It has a fairly neutral flavour and the taste will change depending on what other ingredients or sauces you add to it but I don't think that you will ever get it to taste exactly like white rice.
Yes you can. It will last for up to 6 months when frozen, but just note that the texture may change when you thaw it compared to when it was initially made.
Other recipes you will love:
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Spanish cauliflower rice
- Stir fried vegetables
- Paleo Carrot Cake Donuts
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Paleo Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 2 finely chopped bell peppers
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped green onion You could sub white or yellow onion
- 6 cups riced cauliflower (the same as 680 grams)
- Place a large pan on the stove on medium heat.
- Add the coconut oil to the pan and allow it to melt.
- Add the chopped broccoli, carrots, peppers and green onion to the pan and cook for ~10 minutes (until they reach your desired consistency).
- While the vegetables are cooking, mix up the sauce in a glass measuring cup or bowl.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the pan and stir together with the other vegetables.
- Add the sauce and stir well to combine.
- Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes (or until your desired consistency).
- Serve and enjoy!
- If on the Whole30, keto or vegan diets omit the honey.
- You can substitute maple syrup for honey if you are vegan.
- Feel free to add more salt and ground turmeric depending on your flavour preference.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used.