Teriyaki broccoli and peppers is such a delicious and healthy side dish. This asian inspired dish is made with coconut aminos, ginger, green onion and crushed chili peppers for the perfect combination of sweet and just slightly spicy. Easy to make you will love that this dish is vegan, gluten free and paleo!
Teriyaki dishes are one of my favourite foods. I could eat teriyaki bowls on a daily basis and be one happy girl. And this teriyaki broccoli and peppers recipe is no exception. So easy to make and packed full of flavour you will also love how easy this dish is to make. It’s also gluten free, vegan and paleo. Perfect as a side dish or feel free to add a bit of protein to turn it into a complete meal. These vegetables also store well in the fridge and make great leftovers.
Why this Teriyaki Broccoli and Peppers dish is so good:
- It has the most amazing flavour! Slightly sweet with hints of ginger and a bit of spice from crushed chili flakes
- It’s easy to make and ready in less than 20 minutes
- It’s vegan, paleo and gluten free
- It makes great leftovers and can be made into a complete meal by adding a bit of protein
What you need to make this Teriyaki Broccoli and Peppers:
- One batch of my Vegan Teriyaki Sauce
- Coconut oil – this is the brand I love (feel free to substitute with avocado oil)
- One head of broccoli and two sweet bell peppers
How to make this Teriyaki Broccoli and Peppers:
You will love how easy this recipe is to make:
First add the coconut oil to the pan and let it melt. Once it’s melted, add the broccoli and let it cook for a few minutes. Then add the peppers and cook everything for another few minutes.
Add the teriyaki sauce and stir all the vegetables until they are coated and then cook the vegetables for another 5-10 minutes, until they reach the texture you like.
Serving ideas for these Teriyaki Vegetables:
- Add a protein of choice (such as cooked chicken, pork, beef) to make it a complete meal
- Serve over white rice or cauliflower rice
- Top it with sesame seeds or crushed nuts such as cashews or peanuts
- I love topping these vegetables with bean sprouts for a little extra crunch
Variations on this Teriyaki Broccoli Dish:
- If you don’t have coconut oil you can use avocado oil instead
- Feel free to add other vegetables such as carrots, celery or cauliflower
Frequently asked questions:
- How do you store these vegetables? They make great leftovers if stored in the fridge in an airtight container
- Can you freeze this recipe? I wouldn’t recommend it. The vegetables will get really soggy when you re-heat them
Other recipes you will love:
- Whole30 Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Sheet Pan Meal
- Spanish Cauliflower Rice
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Healthy Air Fryer Carrots
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Teriyaki Broccoli and Peppers (paleo, vegan, gluten free)
This teriyaki broccoli and peppers dish is so good and packed with flavour. Easy to make it's the perfect side dish that is gluten free, paleo and vegan.
Place a large pan on the stove on medium heat and add the coconut oil
Once the coconut oil melts, add the broccoli and sautee for ~5 minutes
Add the chopped peppers and sautee for another 2-3 minutes
Add the teriyaki sauce and stir to coat the vegetables well
Cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the vegetables are the consistency you desire
- Feel free to add other vegetables such as carrots or celery
- Optional topping ideas: sesame seeds or chopped nuts such as peanuts or cashews
Pin this recipe for later: