These are the best ground pork burgers! They are so easy to make with just 5 ingredients and these healthy burgers are a fun alternative to beef burgers. These juicy burgers only take a few minutes to cook so they are perfect for any meal.
Why you will love this recipe:
- These burgers are nice and juicy and full of flavour.
- You only need 5 ingredients to make these burgers!
- Even though they are made from scratch they are quick and easy to make and only take a few minutes to prepare.
- These homemade burgers are naturally gluten free, dairy free, sugar free.
- This pork burger recipe is perfect for busy weeknight meals and is also great to serve at picnics and barbecues.
- You don't need any binders like bread crumbs, oats or crackers to make these burgers.
- They make great leftovers and store really well so are a great option for meal prep.
- Ground pork is usually less expensive than ground beef or ground turkey so this is a great way to save money on groceries.
- You can either grill these burgers or cook them in a frying pan or cast iron skillet - whichever you prefer.
- This burger recipe is paleo, Whole30, low carb and keto.
- These burgers are made with no eggs.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Ground pork - ground pork forms the base of these juicy burgers. Pork is a nice alternative to beef or turkey which are more commonly used to make burgers because it's usually cheaper and more affordable but still has amazing flavour.
- Dijon mustard - this helps give these burgers a punch of flavour and helps keep them nice and juicy. Feel free to use different types of mustard such as honey dijon mustard to give these burgers a different flavour.
- Basil - when combined with the dijon mustard dried basil help give these burgers the most delicious flavour. You could also add extra spices or herbs such as rosemary or Italian seasoning to give these burgers a different taste.
- Salt and pepper - simple seasonings are all you need to complete this burger recipe.
How to make:
Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and combine it all well with your hands or a large spoon.
Form the meat mixture into burger patties and place them on a plate. I recommend using your thumb to make a small indent in each burger (this helps the patties stay together).
Then refrigerate the patties for 30-60 minutes.
Lastly, grill the burgers on the barbecue until cooked evenly on both sides OR cook these in a frying pan on medium heat with 2 tablespoon of cooking fat. You want the burgers to be fully cooked with no pink remaining on the insides.
Chef's tips and recipe variations:
- Mixing the meat with your hands works much better than mixing it with a spoon.
- Be sure to put a thumb indent into each patty - this helps the patties stay together when they cook.
- You know that pork burgers are done when they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Feel free to use other types of mustard to give these burgers a different flavour.
- You can add different herbs and spices or change up the herbs and spices - Italian seasoning, seasoning salt, thyme and rosemary are all delicious in these burgers.
How to serve:
- If you tolerate dairy add a couple slices of your favourite cheese to the tops of these burgers before they are done cooking and let the cheese melt.
- Serve them on a bun or a lettuce bun or you could turn them into burgers bowls.
- Pair these burgers with French fries, turnip fries, sweet potato fries, potato salad, broccoli salad or coleslaw.
- You can top these burgers with whatever you like including cooked bacon, lettuce, onion, tomato or pickles.
- Top them with your favourite condiments - ketchup, aioli, honey mustard sauce, mustard, bbq sauce, relish or mayonnaise.
- Serve these burgers with a side salad like broccoli salad, cucumber salad, potato salad, coleslaw or kale salad.
How to store:
Store any leftover cooked burgers in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How to reheat:
To reheat these burger patties, warm them in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until warmed throughout.
You can also rewarm the burgers on the stove or in an air fryer. To warm them in the stove, heat them at 350°F for about 5 minutes. To warm them in the air fryer, heat them at 350°F for about 2 minutes, or until warm.
How to freeze:
If you want to freeze these burger patties I recommend taking the uncooked beef patties and freezing the patties in a freezer-safe, airtight container with layers separated by parchment paper. When you are ready to eat the burgers, defrost them overnight in the fridge and then cook them the way you prefer.
Frequently asked questions:
According to the USDA, ground pork is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F or 71.1°C. The meat should no longer be pink inside.
Other recipes you will love:
- Ground pork chili
- Ground pork egg roll in a bowl
- Healthy meat sauce
- Healthy sloppy joes
- Meatloaf without bread crumbs
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Ground Pork Burgers
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well with a spoon.
- Form burger patties of desired size and place on a large plate or platter.
- Place the plate in the fridge for 30-60 minutes (this helps the burgers stick together better).
- Grill the burgers on the barbecue until cooked evenly on both sides OR cook these in a frying pan on medium heat with 2 tablespoon of cooking fat.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
- Store these burgers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.