You are going to love making Instant Pot Bacon. It's so easy, creates much less mess than cooking bacon on the stovetop, and the clean up is a breeze. The bacon turns out perfectly crisp and evenly cooked when you fry it in the Instant pot. You will never want to cook bacon any other way again!
Why you will love this recipe:
- It's so simple, quick and easy!
- The bacon turns out perfectly crispy and evenly cooked.
- You don't have to worry about cleaning up bacon grease. There is no splatter and the clean up is a breeze!
- You can cook any type of bacon you like including pork bacon, back bacon, Canadian bacon or turkey bacon in the Instant Pot.
- Bacon is gluten free, paleo, keto, low carb and Whole30.
- Bacon can be used for so many things including making Bacon and Veggie Egg Casserole, Bacon Aioli, topping salads and more!
- If you love bacon you will also love bacon jerky.
Taste and texture:
When you cook bacon in the Instant Pot it turns out nice and crispy. If you use bacon with sugar it will be slightly sweet but if you use unsweetened bacon it will be a little more savoury with that delicious smoky flavour we all know and love.
Ingredients and equipment:
- An Instant Pot - I use a 6-quart Instant Pot, but any size will work. However, depending on the size you might have to work in batches to cook all of your bacon or cut the bacon in half before cooking it if it doesn't fit in the pot.
- Bacon - any type of bacon will do including pork bacon or turkey bacon. I personally like to use sugar free and nitrate free bacon but you can use any brand of bacon that you like or any cut that you like.
How to make:
First, add the strips of bacon to the bowl of your Instant Pot. Turn it onto sauté mode and cook the bacon for 2-3 minutes.
Next, flip the bacon strips and cook them for another 2-3 minutes on the opposite side. When the bacon is as crisp as you like, remove it from the Instant Pot and enjoy!
- Don't overlap the bacon pieces in your instant pot or they won't cook properly.
- Depending on the size of your bacon strips and the size of your Instant pot, you may be able to cook more or less than 4 pieces of bacon at a time.
- Depending on the size of your bacon strips you may need to cut them in half before cooking them so that they fit into the bowl of your Instant Pot.
- If you are using thicker bacon you will need to increase the cooking time.
- Don't throw out the bacon grease once you're done cooking the bacon. Save it for later and reduce your food waste. I love cooking Brussels sprouts in bacon fat!
- Blot the cooked bacon pieces with paper towel to remove any excess grease.
Variations and add ins:
- You can easily give your bacon a different taste and flavour if you wish. Just coat it with your favourite spice before cooking including paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper, cayenne powder, mesquite powder, brown sugar or coconut sugar.
- After it's done cooking you could turn this into sweet bacon by drizzling it with either honey, maple syrup, date syrup or melted chocolate.
How to serve:
- You can eat bacon as part of your breakfast, brunch or even as a snack.
- To make sandwiches like BLT's or a Club sandwich.
- To top salads like broccoli salad, potato salad or egg salad.
- Serve it with pancakes, waffles or eggs.
- Add it to an omelette.
- Pair it with eggs to make Instant pot bacon and eggs.
- To make a bacon egg casserole.
- To top beef burgers, turkey burgers, pork burgers or duck burgers.
How to store:
This bacon is best if eaten and served right away. If you do have any leftovers I recommend storing the bacon in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Frequently asked questions:
Nope. You don't need to use the lid when you cook bacon in the instant pot. You simply use the sauté mode with the lid off.
Yes. Bacon turns out best if you flip it half way though to ensure both sides cook evenly when you fry it in an Instant pot.
Depending on the size of your bacon it will take between 5-7 minutes to fry it in an Instant pot.
Other recipes you will love:
- Instant pot chicken drumsticks
- Bacon jerky recipe
- Honey lemon pepper chicken wings
- Peanut butter bliss balls
- Chicken omelette
- Oat milk smoothie
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Instant Pot Bacon
- 4 pieces of uncooked bacon
Optional Bacon Seasonings
- onion powder
- mesquite powder
- brown sugar
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- Add the strips of bacon to the bowl of your Instant pot. Turn it onto saute mode and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the bacon and cook the opposite side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the cooked bacon strips from the Instant pot and serve and enjoy!
- Depending on the size of your bacon strips you may need to cut them in half before cooking them.
- If you want to add any seasonings to your bacon, add them to the bacon before cooking it.
- Don't throw out the bacon grease! You can use it to cook other food when you are done.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the bacon you use.
- Depending on how crisp you like your bacon you may need to alter the cooking times slightly.
Leave a Reply