This bacon and vegetable egg casserole is going to become your favourite make ahead healthy breakfast casserole. This Whole30 breakfast casserole is so easy to make and is also low carb, paleo and low FODMAP. It’s perfect for meal prep and is good enough to eat for dinner!
Can you believe that until I made this recipe I had never made a breakfast casserole before? I mean, how can I even call myself a food blogger? Well, once I made this Bacon and Vegetable Egg Casserole I have officially become hooked on breakfast casseroles. They are so tasty and so easy to make! Plus they are perfect for meal prep because you make your egg casserole on the weekend and then have ready-to-go breakfasts for the rest of the week. It doesn’t get any better than that!
Since I created this Bacon and Vegetable Egg Casserole I have been making breakfast casseroles almost weekly. And I might go out on a limb and say that this recipe might be the best breakfast casserole you have ever tried. This Bacon and Vegetable Egg Casserole is also paleo, Whole30, SCD, GAPS, low FODMAP and low carb/ keto friendly so it’s basically safe for every special diet out there.
Why this Bacon and Vegetable Egg Casserole is so good:
- It is incredibly easy to make and doesn’t require any hard to find ingredients
- This breakfast casserole is Whole30, paleo, low FODMAP, SCD, GAPS, low carb, keto and SIBO diet safe!
- This bacon breakfast casserole tastes amazing! It just might be the best breakfast casserole you have ever tried!
- It’s so versatile! Feel free to use different vegetables and add other ingredients like olives or capers to give it a different flavour
Never miss a new recipe or post! Sign up for the Pure and Simple Nourishment Newsletter and you will be sent subscriber exclusive recipes, deals and freebies!
Pin this Bacon and Vegetable Egg Casserole Recipe for later:
How to make this Bacon and Vegetable Egg Casserole:
You are going to love how easy it is to make this bacon and vegetable egg casserole!
The first step is to preheat your oven to 375F.
Then add the eggs, coconut milk, salt and pepper to a large bowl and whisk together with a fork or whisk until smooth.
Then add all the chopped vegetables and chopped pre-cooked bacon to the bowl and stir well to combine all the ingredients.
Next you will grease a 13″x9″ glass or ceramic baking dish with coconut oil. Then pour the egg, vegetable and bacon mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly until smooth.
Next you will place the pan in the oven and bake the casserole for 35-40 minutes, until the top is firm and it’s cooked throughout. Then remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then cut it into desired sized pieces and serve and enjoy!
Note that is casserole makes great leftovers and can be stored in the fridge for at least a week.
Why this Bacon and Vegetable Egg Casserole is so healthy:
- It’s loaded with vegetables! It’s got tomatoes, peppers, spinach and green onions!
- It uses free range eggs! Did you know that eggs are filled with healthy fats, vitamins and minerals? Just make sure you are buying free range eggs to maximize the health benefits (note that free run eggs are not the same as free range)
- It’s safe for almost every special diet out there! It’s Whole30, paleo, SCD, GAPS, low FODMAP, keto, low carb and SIBO diet compliant
Other recipes you will love:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Paleo Caramel Apple Oatmeal
- Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Slightly Sweet Grain Free Granola
- Grain Free Bagels
Bacon and Vegetable Egg Casserole
Easy to make and so tasty this bacon and vegetable egg casserole is a perfect make ahead breakfast. This breakfast casserole is Whole30, paleo, low FODMAP, GAPS, SCD and keto diet friendly so everyone will be able to enjoy it!
- 12 large eggs (use free range eggs for maximum health benefits)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 2-3 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 6 pieces pre-cooked bacon, chopped (Make sure the bacon you use is sugar and nitrate free)
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil (for greasing the pan)
Preheat your oven to 375F
In a large bowl add the eggs, coconut milk, salt and pepper and whisk together with a fork or whisk until smooth
Add the chopped vegetables and bacon to the bowl and stir well to combine all the ingredients
Grease a 13″ x 9″ glass or ceramic baking dish with coconut oil
Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the baking dish and spread the ingredients evenly until smooth
Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top is firm and the casserole is cooked throughout
Remove the casserole from the oven and let cool for a few minutes
Cut the casserole into desired sized pieces and serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to add other vegetables to give this breakfast casserole a different flavour.
- This breakfast casserole makes great leftovers and can be stored in the fridge for a week.
- To ensure this recipe is Whole 30, paleo, SCD, GAPS, keto, low FODMAP and SIBO diet compliant make sure the bacon you use is nitrate and sugar free.
- Make sure you never cook with non-stick pans. The non-stick coating is extremely bad for your health so I recommend using glass or ceramic baking dishes.
- If you can use free range eggs for this recipe for the maximum health benefits and the most human treatment of the chickens (note that free run is not the same as free range).