This is the best gluten free cookie dough recipe! Made without any dairy or eggs it is safe to eat raw and still tastes amazing. Ready in just a few minutes this cookie dough is also vegan and paleo and healthier than most edible cookie dough recipes.
Why you will love this recipe:
- This health cookie dough tastes amazing! Just as good as store bought cookie dough, but made in your own home!
- It is really easy to make and is ready in just a few minutes.
- This cookie dough is also dairy-free, vegan and paleo.
- It’s safe to eat raw since it doesn’t contain any eggs.
- This edible cookie dough is healthier than most other cookie dough recipes since it doesn’t contain any refined sugars.
Ingredients and substitutions:
- Almond flour – one of my favourite gluten free flours that has a natural sweet flavour from the almonds. You could swap this for cashew flour instead.
- Coconut flour – to add just a bit more texture and sweet taste to this cookie dough.
- Maple syrup – the perfect natural sweetener! It’s also safe if you are vegan or avoiding refined sugar.
- Coconut milk – to add moisture and a delicious, rich flavour to this recipe. You could swap this for milk or another dairy free milk of your choice.
- Coconut oil – to help firm this cookie dough slightly.
- Vanilla extract – to enhance the flavours even more! You could easily omit this if you don’t have any.
- Salt – to enhance the taste even more. You could easily omit this ingredient.
- Chocolate chips – to make the best edible chocolate chip cookie dough! To keep this recipe refined sugar free choose chocolate chips sweetened with coconut sugar.
How to make this recipe:
You will love how easy this recipe is to make!
Step one: Add all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, to a large bowl and stir well to combine
Step two: Stir in the chocolate chips.
Step three: Then serve and enjoy!
Variations and add ins:
- Turn this cookie dough into vegan cookie dough bites by making small balls with the dough.
- If you aren’t vegan, feel free to swap the maple syrup for honey (note that both honey and maple syrup are allowed on the paleo diet).
- Feel free to use dark chocolate chunks or a dark chocolate bar, broken into pieces instead of chocolate chips.
- Feel free to swap the coconut milk for almond milk or cashew milk.
- If you can’t have almond flour I would use cashew flour instead.
- Feel free to add some raw nuts such as pecans, walnuts or cashews to give it a little crunch.
- This edible cookie dough tastes even better after it has been in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat this cookie dough in the microwave for a few seconds to melt the chocolate chips if you prefer melted chocolate chips or warm cookie dough.
- This edible gluten free cookie dough stays good in the fridge for about a week (although I doubt it will last that long).
Other ways to use this cookie dough:
- Top your favourite ice cream with it!
- Add it to chocolate avocado mousse.
- Make dough balls and dip them in melted chocolate to create cookie dough truffles!
- Add it to brownies to make cookie dough brownies.
Frequently asked questions:
What makes this recipe healthy?
Well I would never call cookie dough “healthy” but this recipe is healthier than other cookie dough recipes as it is gluten and dairy free and instead of using refined sugar it is sweetened with maple syrup or honey.
What makes this gluten free cookie dough safe to eat raw?
This cookie dough is egg-free which makes it safe to eat without cooking or baking. While some people do choose to eat raw eggs, I would not recommend it given the potential risk of contracting bacterial infections such as salmonella.
What makes this edible cookie dough paleo:
This cookie dough is safe for the paleo diet as it is both grain-free and dairy-free. It is also sweetened with honey or maple syrup so it is also refined sugar free. Note that I have never been able to find chocolate chips sweetened with anything but cane sugar, but if you can find ones sweetened with coconut sugar that would be even better.
What chocolate chips are dairy-free and soy-free?
In order to make this chocolate chip cookie dough both vegan and paleo you will need to use chocolate chips that are dairy-free and soy-free. These are my favourite brands:
- Equal Exchange Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- Pascha Organic Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
Other gluten free desserts you will love:
- Turtle Cookie Dough Bars
- Gluten Free Chocolate Donuts
- Dairy Free Ice Cream Bars
- Gluten Free Brownies with Caramel
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake Donuts
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Gluten Free Cookie Dough (vegan, dairy-free, paleo)
This is the best gluten free cookie dough! Safe to eat raw since it's egg-free it's also dairy-free, vegan and paleo. Easy to make and ready in just a few minutes.
Place all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, into a bowl and stir well.
Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
Optional: place the dough in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before serving.
Serve and enjoy!
- Store this cookie dough in the fridge.
- You can use chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips.
Pin this recipe for later: