This is the best edible pumpkin cookie dough recipe! This egg-free cookie dough is so easy to make and is ready in just a few minutes. It is made with canned pumpkin, sweetened with coconut sugar and loaded with chocolate chips! It's the perfect healthy, no bake, dessert.
Why you will love this recipe:
- This vegan cookie dough has the most incredible flavour!
- It's really quick and easy to make and is ready in just 5 minutes.
- This no bake cookie dough is safe to eat raw since it is egg free.
- It's made in one bowl so the clean up is so simple.
- This is a healthy pumpkin cookie dough recipe since it's refined sugar free and higher in protein than most other cookie dough recipes.
- You can easily turn this recipe into pumpkin cookie dough balls.
- Because this cookie dough is made with almond flour it is higher in protein than most cookie dough recipes making this pumpkin protein cookie dough.
- Kid's love it!
- It's a no bake dessert that is both gluten free and dairy free.
- If you prefer warm pumpkin cookies make these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies instead!
Taste and texture:
This cookie dough is nice and moist yet perfectly crumbly. It's sweet but not too sweet and has hints of cinnamon and nutmeg which combine perfectly with the pumpkin to give it such a delicious flavour.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Flours - I like to use a combination of coconut flour and almond flour to make this pumpkin edible cookie dough. They give it a nice hearty texture and flavour. Instead of almond flour you can use cashew flour. Just don't use almond meal - it is not the same as almond flour.
- Coconut sugar - I use coconut sugar to keep this cookie dough refined sugar free but brown sugar also works if that's what you have in your pantry.
- Spices - cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt give this cookie dough the perfect pumpkin spice cookie flavour.
- Pumpkin puree - to give it that distinctive pumpkin flavour. I used canned pumpkin puree but you could also make your own pumpkin puree if you prefer. Don't confuse this for pumpkin pie filling. They are not the same.
- Coconut oil - coconut oil helps the cookie dough hold it's form and keep it nice and moist.
- Chocolate chips - because chocolate makes everything better. I like use dark chocolate chips but you could also use milk chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
How to make this recipe:
First, add all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, to a large bowl. Stir everything well until smooth.
Then stir in the chocolate chips and enjoy!
- Be sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling to make this cookie dough.
- You could cook your own pumpkin puree or use canned, store bought pumpkin puree to save time.
- This raw cookie dough can be saved in the freezer for a later date.
- Instead of coconut sugar you can use brown sugar.
- Feel free to add a little pumpkin pie spice to give this cookie dough a different flavour.
- Turn this into pumpkin cookie dough for one by cutting the recipe in half or a quarter!
How to serve:
This cookie dough is delicious served right after it's made but it's also delicious after it's been cooled in the fridge. You can eat it right off the spoon or roll the dough into balls to make cookie dough balls.
You can eat this treat on its own but it's also delicious served with a glass of milk, a mug of tea or a cup of hot chocolate. You could also create a more decadent dessert and use this cookie dough to top ice cream or cake.
How to store:
Store this cookie dough in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Frequently asked questions:
In most cases, regular cookie dough recipes will add an egg or two to help the cookies bake whereas edible cookie dough is egg free so it's safe to eat raw.
While I would never call cookie dough healthy, this recipe is healthier than many other cookie dough recipes as it's gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. It's also paleo and vegan.
If you don't love pumpkin, I would recommend making this edible chocolate chip cookie dough instead.
I would recommend using cashew flour instead.
I do not recommend trying to substitute the coconut flour with another flour.
Other recipes you will love:
- Apple Pie Bars
- Pumpkin Rice Krispie treats
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- Pumpkin Seed Butter
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Drizzle
- Vegan Pumpkin Risotto
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Edible Pumpkin Cookie Dough
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Add all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips to a large bowl. Stir well until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Enjoy!
- Instead of coconut sugar you can use brown sugar.
- Store this cookie dough in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and the serving size.
Leave a Reply