This is the best vegan blondies recipe! These blondies are so soft and chewy and are bursting with chocolate. You'll love how easy this dessert is to make with just one bowl and a few simple ingredients like almond flour, coconut oil, cashew butter, and vegan chocolate chips.
Why you will love this recipe:
- These vegan gluten free blondies taste amazing! They are soft, chewy, perfectly sweet, and full of chocolatey goodness. They are almost like a thick and fudgy chocolate chip cookie.
- They are quick and easy to make .
- Because they are made in in one bowl the clean up is fast and simple.
- These blondies are made with only a few simple ingredients including almond flour, coconut sugar, cashew butter and vegan chocolate chips.
- These blondies are healthy compared to most blondie recipes. They are refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy-free and paleo.
- They are made with no butter, no applesauce, no aquafaba, no condensed milk, and no eggs.
- This vegan blondie recipe has no chickpeas, so they have a better taste and texture.
- They are perfect for any occasion. Enjoy as a sweet treat with coffee or tea or as an easy no-fuss dessert.
- Kids love them!
Taste and texture:
These blondies are thick, chewy, gooey in the middle and bursting with chocolate. They taste similar to a giant chocolate chip cookie and have a bit of a crisp outer texture while the middle is so nice and moist. They are sweet, but not too sweet.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Almond flour - a great gluten-free flour. Combined with the coconut flour, it helps to give the blondies the perfect texture.
- Coconut flour - just a couple tablespoons is all you need! It helps gives these blondies the perfect texture while keeping this recipe gluten free and grain free too!
- Coconut sugar - adds a caramel richness to the blondies while keeping them refined sugar free. If you don't have coconut sugar you can also use brown sugar.
- Cashew butter - adds a smooth butteriness to the bars and gives them the perfect gooey texture.
- Coconut oil - one of my favourite dairy free oils to bake with. It helps give these blondies the best texture.
- Chia egg or flax egg - key to giving these blondies the perfect soft and chewy texture. If you aren't vegan you could swap this for an egg.
- Vegan chocolate chips or chunks - you can use either to ensure each bite of these vegan chocolate chip blondies is loaded with chocolate. These are my favourite vegan chocolate chunks that are sweetened with coconut sugar.
How to make this recipe:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, in the bowl of your standing mixer add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Blend everything well until the batter is smooth.
Then stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
Finally, line an 8" x 8" baking dish with parchment paper, and transfer the dough to the dish, spreading it out in an even layer. The dough will be very sticky, so use a wet spoon to make spreading easier. Then bake for 18-19 minutes, or until the edges look golden.
Allow the blondies to cool completely, then cut them into pieces and enjoy!
- Let these dairy free blondies cool completely before cutting into them. Trust me, the wait is worth it!
- Feel free to make a double or triple batch and freeze some for later.
- These blondies freeze really well. I recommend cutting them into pieces before freezing them.
Variations and add ins:
- If you aren't vegan, simply use an egg instead of the chia egg.
- To make these blondies refined sugar free use chocolate chips sweetened with coconut sugar like these ones from HuKitchen.
- Instead of cashew butter you could use almond butter. Or peanut butter to give them a different flavour.
- Instead of almond flour you can use cashew flour.
- Instead of coconut sugar you could use brown sugar.
- Feel free to top these blondies with some flaky sea salt to perfectly compliment the chocolate.
How to serve:
These blondies can be served warm or cold. They are delicious served as is, but you could also serve them with some fresh fruit, a glass or milk or a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
How to store:
Store these blondies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the fridge for up to 10 days. They also freeze really well in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 months.
Frequently asked questions:
Blondies are basically brownies without the cocoa powder. They are fudgy and are often lighter, and have a more gooey texture than brownies, with a stronger emphasis on the vanilla and brown sugar flavors. They are often referred to as blondie brownies so another name for this recipe would be vegan blondie brownies.
Yes, the key feature of a blondie is its gooey texture. They aren't undercooked at all!
They are done when they are soft to the touch, but the edges are golden brown and a little firm. They should be a little gooey in the middle like a brownie.
Yes! In addition to being vegan and gluten free this is a paleo blondie recipe.
Other vegan desserts you will love:
- Vegan Protein Cookies
- Banana Protein Muffins
- Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Turtle Cookie Bars
- Paleo Blueberry Raspberry Cobbler
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Add all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, to the bowl of your standing mixer and blend well until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Line an 8" x 8" baking dish with parchment paper and transfer the dough to the dish. Spread the dough into an even layer. Then bake it for ~18 minutes, until golden on the edges. Tip: the dough is very sticky, so wet a spoon to make it easier to spread.
- Allow the blondies to cool, then cut them into pieces and enjoy!
- To make a flax egg or chia egg: mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed or chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water.
- If you don't follow a vegan diet, you can substitute for one large egg for the chia or flax egg.
- Allow the blondies to cool completely before slicing.
- Nutritional information will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use.