These dairy free chocolate donuts are the perfect dessert! So rich and chocolatey, they taste just like a donut hole. They’re also gluten-free, paleo, and refined-sugar-free. And they’re ready in just 20 minutes!
Why these Dairy Free Chocolate Donuts are so good!
- They have the best flavour! So rich and chocolatey
- They are easy to make and come together in less than 20 minutes
- Not only are they dairy free but they are also gluten free and paleo
- They have the perfect donut texture and taste just like a classic donut hole
What you need to make these Dairy Free Chocolate Donuts:
- Silicone donut molds – please don’t try using a non-stick donut pan, not only is that non-stick coating harmful to your health (it can cause thyroid cancer, colon cancer, heart disease, inflammatory bowel disease etc) but they don’t work well at all! – these are the silicone donut molds I use
- Almond flour – this is the brand I use and love
- Cacao powder – this is the kind I love
- Tapioca flour – I use this kind
- Coconut flour – I use this brand
- Coconut oil – this is the brand I love
- Baking soda – I use this kind because it’s aluminium free
- Sea salt
- Full fat coconut milk – this brand uses BPA free cans and is guar gum free
- Honey or maple syrup
- Vanilla extract – this is the kind I use
- 1 coconut sugar sweetened chocolate bar – this is the brand I use and love
How to make these Dairy Free Chocolate Donuts:
You are going to love how quick and easy these donuts are to make!
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and stir well to combine
- Transfer the dough to a silicone donut mold, filling each mold to approximately 3/4 full
- Bake the donuts for 13-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean
- Make the icing by heating the chocolate bar and coconut oil together in a microwave safe dish, at 30 second intervals on high heat, until melted
- Drizzle the icing over each donut and once the donuts cool, enjoy!
Tips for these Dairy Free Chocolate Donuts:
- Use room temperature eggs
- Use silicone donut molds to make them – they work so much better than other donut molds
- Feel free to top the icing with other things such as chocolate shavings, shredded coconut, cacao nibs etc
- They store well in the fridge for at least a week
Frequently Asked Questions
Are donuts dairy free? Most donuts are not but these donuts are! They are made with coconut oil and coconut milk to keep them dairy free.
What are gluten free donuts made of? These gluten free chocolate donuts are made from almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour.
Are these donuts vegan? No they are not. They do contain eggs which are not allowed on a vegan diet.
Are these donuts Whole30 compliant? No they are not. Desserts and baked goods are not allowed on the Whole30 program.
Why do you recommend using a coconut sugar sweetened chocolate bar for the icing? Coconut sugar has more health benefits when compared to cane sugar so I prefer to use it if possible. My favourite brand of coconut sugar sweetened chocolate bars are Hu Chocolate.
Other desserts you will love:
- Dairy Free Brownies with Caramel
- Paleo Turtle Bars
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Chocolate Avocado Torte
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Dairy Free Chocolate Donuts
These dairy free chocolate donuts are the perfect dessert! Rich and chocolately they are also gluten free and paleo.
- 1 coconut sugar sweetened chocolate bar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Preheat your oven to 350F
In a large bowl add all the dry and wet ingredients and stir well to combine
Transfer the dough to a silicone donut pan, filling each donut to ~3/4 full
Bake for 13-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean
Break the chocolate bar into pieces and place them and the coconut oil into a microwave safe dish
Melt the ingredients by microwaving on high at 30 second intervals, until the chocolate bar melts
Stir the ingredients together to combine
Spoon the melted chocolate over the donuts
Allow the iced donuts to cool before serving
- This recipe yields 12 donuts
- Use room temperate eggs to make these donuts
Pin this recipe for later: