This dairy free Alfredo sauce is so incredibly good! So creamy and rich you would never guess that it’s vegan, paleo and Whole30 compliant. It’s so easy to make and is perfect for pasta, chicken or fish dishes.
Why this Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce is so good:
- It tastes incredible! So creamy and rich you would never guess that it’s dairy free
- It’s not only dairy free but is also paleo, vegan and Whole30 compliant
- It’s so easy to make! You just throw everything in your Vitamix or other high speed blender and blend all the ingredients together
- It makes great leftovers and freezes really well
- This Alfredo sauce is made with cashews which gives it a rich, creamy texture
What you need to make this Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce:
- A Vitamix or other high speed blender (this is the Vitamix that I use and love)
- Raw cashews (preferably soaked and dehydrated first – read why and how to do it in this post)
- Full fat coconut milk
- White or green onion
- Garlic or garlic infused olive oil
- Nutritional yeast
- Lemon juice
- Italian seasoning – this is my favourite brand
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
How to make this Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce:
You are going to love how easy this sauce is to make!
- Place all the ingredients into your Vitamix or other high speed blender
- Blend the ingredients well until they are smooth
Frequently asked questions:
- Does Alfredo sauce have dairy? Normally yes! Most recipes call for cream and butter, milk and cheese but this dairy free Alfredo sauce is free from dairy and uses cashews as the base instead.
- How do you make something creamy without dairy? Cashews and coconut milk are my favourite ways to get the same creamy texture of dairy without actually using dairy.
- Is Alfredo sauce vegetarian? Normally no. Most Alfredo sauce recipes use dairy which is not vegetarian or vegan but this Alfredo sauce is dairy free and safe for both vegetarians and vegans.
- Can you make Alfredo sauce without cheese? Yes! This recipe uses nutritional yeast instead which gives it a cheese-like flavour, just without the dairy
- What can you substitute for milk in Alfredo sauce? I used the combination of cashews and coconut milk instead of dairy milk to make this Alfredo sauce
How to use this Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce:
- It’s the perfect sauce for pasta dishes
- If you are paleo or on the Whole30 diet make vegetable noodles (zucchini, carrot and sweet potato noodles are my favourite) and use this as your sauce
- This sauce is perfect on both chicken and fish dishes
- Use this sauce to top vegetable dishes or as a base for casseroles
Tips for this Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce:
- It freezes really well so feel free to make a double batch and save half for later
- This recipe is adaptable. If you don’t tolerate white onion, use green onions instead. If you don’t tolerate garlic use garlic infused olive oil instead.
Other recipes you will love:
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce (vegan, paleo, Whole30)
This dairy free alfredo sauce is out of this world good! So creamy and delicous you would never guess it's vegan, Whole30 and paleo compliant. Perfect for pasta, chicken or fish dishes!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion (you can substitute with green onion)
- 1 clove garlic minced (or use 1 tsp garilc infused olive oil if sensitive to garlic)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Add all the ingredients to your Vitamix or other high speed blender
Blend until smooth
Serve and enjoy!
Note: You will want to heat the sauce before serving over pasta or other dishes
- This sauce freezes really well so feel free to make a double batch and save half for later
- Use this sauce for pasta, chicken or fish dishes
Pin this recipe for later: