This get your greens mint smoothie bowl is a delicious refreshing smoothie recipe. Packed with healthy ingredients it tastes like mint chip ice cream so you feel like you are eating dessert. Made with simple ingredients like bananas, avocados, spinach and mint leaves you will love how easy this is to make and how satisfying it is.
Why you will love this recipe:
- The flavour! Eating this mint smoothie tastes like you are eating mint chocolate chip ice cream, except this version is way healthier!
- It's so easy to make using simple ingredients like avocado, mint leaves, spinach and bananas.
- It's a healthy snack or breakfast option.
- This is a delicious, thick smoothie bowl.
- It's naturally gluten free, dairy free, paleo and vegan too!
- It's a great make ahead smoothie so it's great for meal prep.
- This is a great post workout smoothie.
Ingredients and substitutions:
- Coconut milk - this is my favourite non dairy milk but you could easily swap this for another milk option including dairy milk, almond milk, cashew milk or even oat milk. I personally recommend using full fat coconut milk to get all the healthy fats you can.
- Coconut butter or coconut manna - to add some extra healthy fats as well as some natural sweetness to this smoothie recipe.
- Bananas - to add sweetness to this smoothie, while keeping it refined sugar free.
- Mint leaves - to give it the best, most refreshing mint flavour!
- Spinach - to pump up the nutrition in this smoothie even more and help give it that beautiful green colour.
- Avocado - avocados are high in healthy fats as well as vitamins and minerals. They also help give this smoothie such a smooth, rich texture.
How to make this recipe:
First, place all the ingredients into your blender or food processor.
Then blend until smooth. Then pour it into a bowl and enjoy.
- This smoothie is great for meal prep - simply prepare it the night before and store it in the fridge overnight.
- If you like a colder smoothie feel free to use frozen spinach or frozen bananas.
Variations and add ins:
- If you like a sweeter smoothie add 1-2 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup.
- Topping ideas for this smoothie bowl: cacao nibs, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, fresh berries including blueberries or blackberries.
- To increase the protein content add some grass fed gelatin powder.
- To increase the mint flavour add a teaspoon of mint extract.
Frequently asked questions:
This will depend on what ingredients are used to make the smoothie bowl. This mint chip smoothie bowl recipe is a great healthy option. It's full of avocado, spinach and is only sweetened naturally with bananas.
You can use many different liquids to make a smoothie bowl including coconut milk, dairy milk, almond milk, cashew milk or even oat milk.
You can use many different ingredients to help thicken a smoothie bowl including bananas, avocados, coconut butter, nut butters, seed butters or certain vegetables like spinach, kale, squash or carrots. Depending on how thick you like your smoothie bowl you can also adjust how much liquid you add.
Other recipes you will love:
- Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
- Coconut Mint Fudge
- Chocolate Mint Smoothies
- Mint Maple Vinaigrette
- Strawberry Mint and Basil Vinaigrette
- Mint Smoothie Breakfast Bowls
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Get Your Greens Mint Smoothie Bowl
- 1 1/4 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter or manna
- 6 large handfuls of raw spinach
- 2 cups packed mint leaves
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 large avocado or 1 whole small avocado
- Optional: 2 scoops collagen peptides omit for vegan
- Place all the ingredients in your high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- If adding the collagen peptides, stir that in until dissolved.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.
- Store this smoothie in the fridge if you have any leftover.
Leave a Reply