This chocolate raspberry smoothie bowl is a delicious, thick smoothie bowl that is packed full of healthy ingredients. Made with bananas, raspberries, cocoa powder, avocado and coconut milk it's a healthy breakfast or snack that is ready in just a few minutes. It's naturally dairy free, vegan and paleo too!
Why you will love this recipe:
- The taste of this chocolate smoothie is just amazing.
- It's packed full of healthy ingredients like bananas, avocado, coconut milk, raspberries and coconut butter.
- It's so easy to make and is ready in just a couple minutes.
- This is a great make ahead smoothie so it's perfect for meal prep.
- It's works for breakfast, as a snack or a post work out meal.
- This is a nice and thick smoothie bowl so it's just as filling as eating a meal.
- It's naturally gluten free, dairy free and vegan too!
Ingredients and substitutions:
- Bananas - to help add natural sweetness and thickness to this smoothie bowl recipe.
- Raspberries - these add to the natural sweetness of this recipe and helps enhance the chocolate flavour.
- Coconut milk - to help give this smoothie bowl the perfect, smooth texture. You could swap this for any other milk of your choice including dairy milk, cashew milk, almond milk or even oat milk.
- Cocoa powder - to create the perfect rich chocolate flavour. You can swap this for cacao powder.
- Coconut butter or coconut manna – to add some extra healthy fats and help thicken this smoothie bowl. You could swap this for a natural tasting nut butter such as cashew butter.
How to make this recipe:
First, place all the ingredients into your blender or food processor.
Then blend until smooth. Then pour it into a bowl and enjoy.
- This smoothie is great for meal prep – simply prepare it the night before and store it in the fridge overnight.
- If you like a colder smoothie feel free to use frozen raspberries or frozen bananas.
Variations and add ins:
- If you like a sweeter smoothie add 1-2 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup.
- Topping ideas for this smoothie bowl: cacao nibs, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, fresh berries including blueberries or blackberries.
- To increase the protein content add some collagen peptides or chocolate protein powder.
- To add some healthy fats add some avocado to this recipe.
- To make this smoothie bowl even thicker, add some chia seeds before blending.
Frequently asked questions:
Milk and non dairy milks such as coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk or cashew milk are the best liquids to put in smoothie bowls. They will give your smoothie bowl a nice smooth texture and help keep it nice and thick.
Like any food, if you eat too much of it it can potentially become fattening, but no, if eaten in moderation, smoothie bowls are not fattening and are a healthy meal option. How healthy a smoothie bowl is will also depend on the specific ingredients used to make it.
Other recipes you will love:
- Mint Smoothie Bowls
- Chocolate Mint Smoothies
- Mint Maple Vinaigrette
- Strawberry Mint and Basil Vinaigrette
- Mint Smoothie Breakfast Bowls
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter or coconut manna
- 1-2 tablespoon collagen peptides not if vegan
- 1-2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 avocado
- Place all the ingredients in your high speed blender or food processor.
- Blend well until smooth.
- Transfer the smoothie to a bowl and add any optional toppings.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Nutritional values are estimates and will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.
- Store this smoothie in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply