This is the best paleo bread. It’s gluten free, dairy-free and nut-free and still tastes like real bread. It’s made with cassava flour, coconut flour and flax seeds to give it the perfect texture, soft in the middle and firm on the outside! It’s perfect for toast and sandwiches too!
Note: This recipe was initially published on June 19, 2017. The post was updated on May 6, 2021 but the recipe has not been altered.
Bread. I think it’s one of the hardest things to give up when you switch to the paleo diet. I missed it so much when I first went grain free. No more sandwiches, croutons or French toast! Well don’t worry, I’ve created the best paleo bread recipe for you. It doesn’t have any grains or dairy and is also nut-free and made with cassava flour and coconut flour. Oh and did I mention it’s also really easy to make? You’re welcome!
The Best Paleo Bread (Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free)
Why this is the best paleo bread:
- It tastes amazing! You would never know it’s grain-free! Soft on the inside and firm on the outside it has the perfect texture
- Besides being grain-free it’s also nut-free. It’s made with cassava flour, coconut flour and flax seed. And it’s also made without tapioca flour.
- It’s really easy to make and the clean up is so simple!
- It freezes really well so you can make a double batch and save one loaf for later
The equipment you need to make this paleo bread:
- A standing mixer (this is the one I have and love) – you could also mix this bread by hand, but it’s just more work
- A glass loaf pan (remember, try and avoid non-stick bakeware! If you want to learn more I discuss the health risks of non-stick cookware in this post)
How to make this bread:
You are going to love how easy this bread is to make!
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of your standing mixer and mix well
- Line your bread pan with parchment paper and transfer the dough to the bread pan and spread it evenly
- Bake for ~45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and let cool
How to use this paleo bread:
- To make toast
- For sandwiches like BLT’s or peanut butter and jam (my blueberry chia seed jam would be amazing for that!)
- To make paleo french toast
- To make grain free croutons!
Tips for this paleo bread recipe:
- I don’t recommend trying to substitute the eggs. Cassava flour bakes much better with eggs than without
- I recommend using room temperature eggs rather than cold eggs
- Let this bread cool completely before cutting it into pieces, as it will hold together better
- This bread freezes really well so feel free to make a double batch and freeze one loaf for later
- If you don’t have apple cider vinegar use coconut vinegar instead
- If you don’t have coconut milk use another dairy-free milk such as almond milk or cashew milk instead
- Don’t use low fat coconut milk for this recipe, the low fat milk is too watery and the bread won’t cook the same
Frequently asked questions:
- What is the difference between cassava flour and tapioca flour or starch? Both come from the cassava root or plant, but the difference is that cassava flour is made from the whole root, while tapioca flour is just made from the starchy part of the plant.
- Can you substitute tapioca flour for cassava flour in this recipe? No! It will not turn out
- Can you substitute the eggs in this recipe? I do not recommend it. Cassava flour bakes best with eggs.
Other paleo recipes you will love:
- Paleo Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes
- Paleo Biscuits
- Paleo Waffles
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Paleo Bread (Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free)
This is best paleo bread! Soft in the middle and firm on the outside it has the best texure. It's also nut-free and made with cassava flour.
Preheat your oven to 350F
Add all the ingredients to the bowl of your standing mixer
Blend all the ingredients until the dough is smooth
Line the bread pan with parchment paper and transfer the dough to the pan and spread evenly until smooth. Place in the oven and bake for ~45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean
Remove from the oven and let cool
Serve and enjoy!
- Using room temperature eggs will help the bread turn out fluffier
- Sub coconut vinegar for apple cider vinegar if needed
- Do not try replacing the eggs. This bread won't turn out
Pin this recipe for later: